Allowing users to create vector files?

badger
Hi, I am just learning to use geoserver and have a quick question.

Is it possilbe for me to allow my end users to create vector files (specifically polylines) in their browsers that they can then submit to my server?

I have looked through the documentation, but have not been able to find out how to do this and am not sure if that is because you can't!

I understand that openlayers (which i intent to use for displaying the maps) is entirely javascript based and so would not be able to do this on its own.

Re: Allowing users to create vector files?

badger
I have found some of the answer so thought I would post it here in case any folk have the same question as i did, it seems you can, http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/user-authentication-td6116012.html (old thread) .

this: http://workshops.opengeo.org/stack-intro/index.html seems a be a really handy guide to getting such a system up and running, very useful!