Align map under vector layer and make vector lines transparent

Align map under vector layer and make vector lines transparent

Ronan2575
I am displaying an Indoor map, originally drawn on AutoCad, then put through QGIS to make the KLM file, the KML file is used in the system for the co-ordinates of the map.

I want to have the original map (drawn in Autocad) to be the map on display, instead of seeing the red outlines (vector lines).

I want the image aligned with the vector map, and the red line (vector lines) made transparent,
The reason we need to do this is the vector map lines, are to solid, no doors, windows, room names not visible etc.

How can I do this?

Any help greatly appreciated .