Aggregates can't link to remote workspaces since 2.13

Aggregates can't link to remote workspaces since 2.13

Florent gravin-2
Hi community,

Before 2.13, we could create an aggregate in workspace1 and point on layers that belong to workspace2.

Since 2.13, it not possible anymore.
Is it an undesirable side effect of Isolate workspace integration ? Is it a bug or is it wanted ?

We found this option pretty usefull.

Thanks for answer

Bests

--
camptocamp
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS

Florent Gravin
Front-end Technical Leader
+33 4 58 48 20 36

Re: Aggregates can't link to remote workspaces since 2.13

Nuno Oliveira-3
Hi,

By aggregate you mean layer group ?

On Wed, 2019-01-16 at 15:33 +0100, Florent Gravin wrote:
Hi community,

Before 2.13, we could create an aggregate in workspace1 and point on layers that belong to workspace2.

Since 2.13, it not possible anymore.
Is it an undesirable side effect of Isolate workspace integration ? Is it a bug or is it wanted ?

We found this option pretty usefull.

Thanks for answer

Bests

--
camptocamp
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS

Florent Gravin
Front-end Technical Leader
+33 4 58 48 20 36

Nuno Oliveira
==
GeoServer Professional Services from the
experts!
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
==

Nuno Miguel Carvalho Oliveira
@nmcoliveira
Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati
personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla
protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni
circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto,
gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza
è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo
scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è
tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita.
Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information that
is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European
Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or
use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
have received this email by mistake, please notify
us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Re: Aggregates can't link to remote workspaces since 2.13

geowolf
On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 4:04 PM Florent Gravin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi community,

Before 2.13, we could create an aggregate in workspace1 and point on layers that belong to workspace2.

Aggregate... you mean layer group?
 Since 2.13, it not possible anymore.
Is it an undesirable side effect of Isolate workspace integration ? Is it a bug or is it wanted ?

I did not know it was possible, was definitely a bug though, only top level layer groups should be allowed to refer
layers from multiple workspaces, a local workspace group should be able to refer only to local layers, or
there would be misbehaviors when using workspace specific services (hopefully just the layer going away,
worst case scenario a hard exception).

We found this option pretty usefull.

I guess it could become a configuration option (off by default, the current behavior is the expected one),
if you are interested in donating a code change, see:

Cheers
Andrea

==

GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime @geowolf Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054 Massarosa (LU) phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339 8844549 http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it ------------------------------------------------------- Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia. This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Re: Aggregates can't link to remote workspaces since 2.13

Florent gravin-2
Hi,

Thanks for answers.

Aggregate... you mean layer group?
YES

Yes it was possible, pretty usefull.
So w consider doing a PR to make this possible though an option.

Cheers