Again on authentication - geofence

Annalisa Schiavon
Hi all.
I've still the problem of layer's thumbs not displayed.

But more important, if I don't login in geonode with geonode user, I can't see most of layers with permission to all users!
Even stranger, if I log in with geonode and than log out, I can see them.

I checked all steps of  http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/admin/geoserver_geonode_security/index.html  but I don't  have generated new OAuth2 UserID and Secret key. How do you do it?

I've noticed that under GeoFence Data Rules I've only few rules:

Immagine incorporata 1

I've checked permissions and saved only for a layer, and that is displayed without problems from anonymous user.
I've to reapply permissions for all my 110 layers??? Is it this the problem, for you?

I attach tomcat and apache logs.

Thanks,
Annalisa

errors.zip (17K) Download Attachment

Re: Again on authentication - geofence

Alessio Fabiani-2
You can try to use the following management command, it should help you to align permissions and geofence rules

python manage.py fixgeofencerules

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

==
==

Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Annalisa Schiavon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I try to run the command under my geonode-project but doesn't work:

system@bender:~/geoportale26$ python manage.py fixgeofencerules
Unknown command: 'fixgeofencerules'
Type 'manage.py help' for usage.

Where can I run it?

Meanwhile I run:
geonode updatelayers -i --remove-deleted

... and it removed all my layers!!! In the old geonode it works fine ...
In geoserver I have all layers, now in geonode I have only documents and map .... What happened? I try to fix again with:
geonode updatelayers

and

 sudo geonode-updateip 192.168.31.80

but I still have no layers!!!

You can try to use the following management command, it should help you to align permissions and geofence rules

python manage.py fixgeofencerules

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

==
==

Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: <a href="tel:+39%200584%20962313" value="+390584962313" target="_blank">+39 0584 962313
fax:     <a href="tel:+39%200584%20166%200272" value="+3905841660272" target="_blank">+39 0584 1660272
mob:   <a href="tel:+39%20331%20623%203686" value="+393316233686" target="_blank">+39 331 6233686

[...]

Hi Alessio and geonode users,
I still have some issue with geofence.
I have tried the command you suggest

system@bender:~$ geonode fixgeofencerules
Unknown command: 'fixgeofencerules'
Type 'django-admin help' for usage.

with no success.
I should execute from a specific dir?

I have installed geonode 2.6.1 from apt-get, in standard mode. In geofence Admin Page, the connection is successful, but down in the page I found user cache misses :

Immagine incorporata 2

Is there documentation on how setting geofence integrated in geonode?
Any suggestions?

Please help!

[...]

Mmm I see,
this command "fixgeofencerules" is available only on master branch.

In this case is not so straight forward to fix this for all the layers. You have two options:

1. For each Layer you need to click on "Permissions" and save again. Double check that rules are added to GeoFence Data Rules. If more than one Layer have same permissions, you can also do a bulk update from the Layers List page

2. Backport that command from master branch and try to execute it again. You just need to create this file on the same position

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

==
==

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Annalisa Schiavon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ok, thanks.
I started to save again the permissions for few layers and I see that rules are added to GeoFence Data Rules only if I set Active role service of Security Setting to default.
It may be due to my issue with admin user? In geoserver log I get always this warning:

WARN [geofence.cache] - org.geoserver.geofence.cache.CachedRuleReader$NoAuthException: Can't auth user [admin]

[...]

See my previous reply. My guess is that your GeoNode REST Role Service is not working.

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

==
==