Quantcast

Advanced Projection Handling

CloudNine
Does anyone know how to enable Advanced Projection Handling (dateline and map wrapping) or equivalent in GeoServer 2.2 (GeoTools 8.2)?  I'm using CentOS 5.6 with Apache Tomcat 6...

I've tried adding "-DADVANCED_PROJECTION_ HANDLING=true -DUSE_STREAMING_RENDERER=true" to both the CATALINA_OPTS env and tomcat's config under JAVA_OPTS, but in both cases the geoserver, and geoserver alone, becomes inaccessible after a tomcat restart.

Best regards,

- CloudNine

Re: Advanced Projection Handling

Phil Scadden
On 15/11/2012 8:30 p.m., CloudNine wrote:
> I've tried adding "-DADVANCED_PROJECTION_ HANDLING=true
> -DUSE_STREAMING_RENDERER=true" to both the CATALINA_OPTS env and tomcat's
> config under JAVA_OPTS, but in both cases the geoserver, and geoserver
> alone, becomes inaccessible after a tomcat restart.
Your text above has a <space> in the parameter name which I hope isnt in
your real one.

However, it is my understanding that you dont need these in 2.2. Map
wrapping etc however has some significant limitations and living in NZ
by the dateline, I have had some interesting battles getting everything
working. Your client software also needs to be able to handle it. I use
OL 2.12 (anything less needs patches) and ONLY in tiled mode.