Adjust your PHP parameters, if you use WMS services with many layers

Adjust your PHP parameters, if you use WMS services with many layers

Axel Schaefer
Hi.

We had the issue https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/issues/414 and
recognized a direct connection between the error that you cannot save a
WMS instance and the number of options that you can set there.

At a specific layer you couldn't check a checkbox and the form was
invalid (a token was not part of the form therefore it was invalid).
However the number of checked checkboxes was the hint: If they are some
handful higher, the form wasn't saved.

The PHP-parameter for that is the "max_input_vars". If you experience
that problem, put it to a higher value. In my php.ini it was commented
out and I set it to 2000. Depends a bit on the number of layers my WMS
has. ;-)

HTH and HAND
Axel

--
Axel Schaefer
WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG

Fon: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 23 (neue Durchwahl!)
Fax: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 11

[hidden email]
www.meldemax.com
www.wheregroup.com