Addons on MS

Lucila Dunnington-2
Hello,

I have downloaded Grass GIS 7.4 on two windows computers and on both, if I try to download and extension, it gives me the error code "not found" Are the precompiled addons not already installed with the basic installation. Why am I getting the not found error?

Thank you

Re: Addons on MS

Markus Neteler
Hi,

Lucila Dunnington <[hidden email]> schrieb am Fr., 10. Aug. 2018, 05:59:
Hello,

I have downloaded Grass GIS 7.4 on two windows computers and on both, if I try to download and extension, it gives me the error code "not found" Are the precompiled addons not already installed with the basic installation. Why am I getting the not found error?

We need to know which extension you try to install. Perhaps also copy the error message here.

Thanks
Markus

Thank you

Re: Addons on MS

Markus Neteler
(please keep it on the list)

Lucila Dunnington <[hidden email]> schrieb am Fr., 10. Aug. 2018, 19:43:
Downloading precompiled GRASS Addons <r.stream.distance>...
Downloading source code for <r.stream.distance> from <http://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass74/x86_64/addons/grass-7.4.1/r.stream.distance.zip> which is identified as 'remote_zip' type of source...
ERROR: Extension <r.stream.distance> not found

r.stream.distance

Maybe a WINDOWS user here could help, I'm on Linux.

Markus

Re: Addons on MS

Helmut Kudrnovsky
Markus Neteler wrote
> (please keep it on the list)
>
> Lucila Dunnington &lt;

> lucila.dunnington@

> &gt; schrieb am Fr., 10. Aug.
> 2018, 19:43:
>
>> Downloading precompiled GRASS Addons
> <r.stream.distance>
>> Downloading source code for
> <r.stream.distance>
>  from <
>> http://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass74/x86_64/addons/grass-7.4.1/r.stream.distance.zip>
>> which is identified as 'remote_zip' type of source...
>> ERROR: Extension
> <r.stream.distance>
>  not found
>>
>> r.stream.distance
>>

> Maybe a WINDOWS user here could help, I'm on Linux.

unfortunately the winGRASS build environment seems to have some hickups/to
be down at the moment.

according to the error log, it seems you're usung winGRASS 7.4.1.

have a look into

https://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass74/x86_64/addons/grass-7.4.1/

download there manually

r.stream.distance.zip 2018-08-05 23:26 93K

and unzip the files into the addon folder, e.g

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\GRASS7\addons

the exe into the bin subfolder, the html file into the appropriate
subfolder.

-----
best regards
Helmut