Adding wfs

InForMapping
I have very simple question, but for me the answer is very meaningful.

I just installed geoserver, postgis and all the application, what was said in "GeoServer Beginners quide".
I have added shp-files from postgis and from "add shape" in GeoServer. What I have to do, if I want to publish shp-file in wfs, that my collegue can open it in (for example Qgis) "add wfs-layer"?

I mean, how can I make the address for the wfs-data, that it can be opened in gis-desktop (arcgis/qgis...)?Or where it can be found?

Best Reqards,

InForMapping

Re: Adding wfs

Stefano Iacovella

have very simple question, but for me the answer is very meaningful.

I just installed geoserver, postgis and all the application, what was said
in "GeoServer Beginners quide".
I have added shp-files from postgis and from "add shape" in GeoServer. What
I have to do, if I want to publish shp-file in wfs, that my collegue can
open it in (for example Qgis) "add wfs-layer"?

I mean, how can I make the address for the wfs-data, that it can be opened
in gis-desktop (arcgis/qgis...)?Or where it can be found?

Hi,

unless you explicitly disabled WFS, every layer you publish is available via WMS or WFS protocol.
In QGIS you need to insert the getcaapbilities entry point to connect to GeoServer.
This address is available in the main page of GeoServer web interface and is usually of this form:

http://localhost/geoserver/ows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=GetCapabilities

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Stefano

41.95581N 12.52854E

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoiacovella

http://twitter.com/#!/Iacovellas

Re: Adding wfs

InForMapping
Thank you for your answer. I can get data available via wms/wfs in qgis if I use that address. I was  just wondering, how I can get that data available also to my colleague with different computer? That same address doesn´t work if it is used in different QGIS desktop.

[...]

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Adding-wfs-tp5154151p5154386.html
To unsubscribe from Adding wfs, click here.
NAML

Re: Adding wfs

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike)

QGIS knows how to add the standard parameters of GetCapabilities reques so the base URL is enough

http://localhost/geoserver/ows?service=wfs or

http://localhost/geoserver/wfs?

Actually, having &request=GetCapabilities in the URL may lead to trouble at least sometimes with QGIS. However, it is not clear if the issue reported here happened only once

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/108459/qgis-error-when-add-wfs

-Jukka Rahkonen-

[...]

You should replace localhost with the hostname, or IP address, of the server hosting GeoServer.