Adding topological vertices

Jan Hartmann
Hi all,

In QGIS 2 I could add a vertex on a segment shared by two polygons just
by double-clicking on that segment. When topological editing was
enabled, a new vertex was added to both polygons, and I could move them
both just by dragging.

In QGIS 3, when topological editing is enabled, moving a shared vertex
is a bit more complex. I cannot just click on that vertex and then click
on the destination location, for then only one of the shared vertices is
moved. I have to shift-drag around the vertex, then click on the
selected vertices, and only then all shared vertices are moved. No
problem with that, by the way.

The real problem is when I want to add a vertex on a shared segment.
When I double-click on that segment, a new vertex appears, but only on
one of the segments. I can move that vertex, but only one segment is
moved. The underlying segments remain in place. To move them too, I have
to create vertices on all of them, and move them all to the new
location. This *is* a problem.

Is there a solution for this? Do I overlook something?

Regards,

Jan Hartmann
Amsterdam

Re: Adding topological vertices

Bernhard Ströbl
Hi Jan,
sorry I cannot reproduce the behaviour you describe in QGIS 3.4.10. Be
sure to read about the new vertex tool (and its changed behaviour
compared to 2.*) in the manual [1]

Bernhard

[1]
https://docs.qgis.org/3.4/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/editing_geometry_attributes.html#vertex-tool

Am 09.08.2019 um 14:35 schrieb Jan Hartmann:

> Hi all,
>
> In QGIS 2 I could add a vertex on a segment shared by two polygons just
> by double-clicking on that segment. When topological editing was
> enabled, a new vertex was added to both polygons, and I could move them
> both just by dragging.
>
> In QGIS 3, when topological editing is enabled, moving a shared vertex
> is a bit more complex. I cannot just click on that vertex and then click
> on the destination location, for then only one of the shared vertices is
> moved. I have to shift-drag around the vertex, then click on the
> selected vertices, and only then all shared vertices are moved. No
> problem with that, by the way.
>
> The real problem is when I want to add a vertex on a shared segment.
> When I double-click on that segment, a new vertex appears, but only on
> one of the segments. I can move that vertex, but only one segment is
> moved. The underlying segments remain in place. To move them too, I have
> to create vertices on all of them, and move them all to the new
> location. This *is* a problem.
>
> Is there a solution for this? Do I overlook something?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jan Hartmann
> Amsterdam

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 19852 (20190814) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Adding topological vertices

Andreas Wicht

On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 at 14:40, Jan Hartmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In QGIS 2 I could add a vertex on a segment shared by two polygons just
> by double-clicking on that segment. When topological editing was
> enabled, a new vertex was added to both polygons, and I could move them
> both just by dragging.
>
> In QGIS 3, when topological editing is enabled, moving a shared vertex
> is a bit more complex. I cannot just click on that vertex and then click
> on the destination location, for then only one of the shared vertices is
> moved. I have to shift-drag around the vertex, then click on the
> selected vertices, and only then all shared vertices are moved. No
> problem with that, by the way.

The vertex tool has issues when you want to topologically edit vertices
while the layer you edit is being reprojected on-the-fly.
Please try again while the project CRS is the same as the layers'.

> The real problem is when I want to add a vertex on a shared segment.
> When I double-click on that segment, a new vertex appears, but only on
> one of the segments. I can move that vertex, but only one segment is
> moved. The underlying segments remain in place. To move them too, I have
> to create vertices on all of them, and move them all to the new
> location. This *is* a problem.

The same applies here.

Cheers

Re: Adding topological vertices

Jan Hartmann
Hi Bernard, I downloaded QGIS 3.8.2, and now everything works perfectly.
Not sure if I got it right in 3.8.1  Thanks!

Jan