Adding the GeoExt3 Project to OSGeoLive

Seth G-2
Hi all,

The page at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Apply  has a list of questions with regards to adding a new project to OSGeoLive. Some aren't applicable as GeoExt is a JS library, but other details are below.

The docs are at https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/pull/448
The OSGeoLive install script is at https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/pull/257

What is its name?
GeoExt

What does the application do and how does it add value to the GeoSpatial stack of software?

GeoExt is a JavaScript library for building rich geospatial applications that was first started in 2009. A good summary of the project can be found in the FOSS4G 2015 presentation at http://marcjansen.github.io/foss4g-2015/Towards-GeoExt-3-Supporting-both-OpenLayers-3-and-ExtJS-6.html

What is the home page URL?
https://geoext.github.io/geoext3/

Which OSI approved Open Source Licence is used?
GPLv3 or BSD License dependent on ExtJS license

Does the application make use of OGC standards? Which versions of the standards? Client or server?
Uses OGC standards - WMS, WFS (both client)

What language is it written in?
JavaScript

Which version of the application should be included in the next OSGeo-Live release?
3.1.0

Has the application been rolled out to production into risk (ideally risk adverse) organisations?
Yes

What is the Open HUB URL for your project?
https://www.openhub.net/p/geoext3

What is the size of your developer community?
9 developers have contributed in the last year

What is the size of the user community?
There is a mailing list with infrequent posts. Many applications are Intranet based so it is hard to guage active use.

Please discuss the level of testing that your project has gone through.
Fully automated test suite using Travis/Karma

How much disk space will be required to install the application and a suitable example application?
Disk space - < 3MB (mainly the ExtJS library)

Who will act as the project's liaison person?
I'm willing to act as the project liaison.

How long has the project has had mature code?
GeoExt has been around since 2009. GeoExt3 was started in 2015.

Do you have a bug free, stable release?
Yes (although some open issues as with every project)

If anyone has any further questions please send them on and I'll attempt to answer them.
Regards,

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk
twitter: @geographika

Re: Adding the GeoExt3 Project to OSGeoLive

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi Seth,

Thank you for your contribution.
I will build an iso today including your pull request and report back.

Best,
Angelos

On 5/14/19 6:11 PM, Seth G wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The page at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Apply  has a list of questions with regards to adding a new project to OSGeoLive. Some aren't applicable as GeoExt is a JS library, but other details are below.
>
> The docs are at https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/pull/448
> The OSGeoLive install script is at https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/pull/257
>
> What is its name?
> GeoExt
>
> What does the application do and how does it add value to the GeoSpatial stack of software?
>
> GeoExt is a JavaScript library for building rich geospatial applications that was first started in 2009. A good summary of the project can be found in the FOSS4G 2015 presentation at http://marcjansen.github.io/foss4g-2015/Towards-GeoExt-3-Supporting-both-OpenLayers-3-and-ExtJS-6.html
>
> What is the home page URL?
> https://geoext.github.io/geoext3/
>
> Which OSI approved Open Source Licence is used?
> GPLv3 or BSD License dependent on ExtJS license
>
> Does the application make use of OGC standards? Which versions of the standards? Client or server?
> Uses OGC standards - WMS, WFS (both client)
>
> What language is it written in?
> JavaScript
>
> Which version of the application should be included in the next OSGeo-Live release?
> 3.1.0
>
> Has the application been rolled out to production into risk (ideally risk adverse) organisations?
> Yes
>
> What is the Open HUB URL for your project?
> https://www.openhub.net/p/geoext3
>
> What is the size of your developer community?
> 9 developers have contributed in the last year
>
> What is the size of the user community?
> There is a mailing list with infrequent posts. Many applications are Intranet based so it is hard to guage active use.
>
> Please discuss the level of testing that your project has gone through.
> Fully automated test suite using Travis/Karma
>
> How much disk space will be required to install the application and a suitable example application?
> Disk space - < 3MB (mainly the ExtJS library)
>
> Who will act as the project's liaison person?
> I'm willing to act as the project liaison.
>
> How long has the project has had mature code?
> GeoExt has been around since 2009. GeoExt3 was started in 2015.
>
> Do you have a bug free, stable release?
> Yes (although some open issues as with every project)
>
> If anyone has any further questions please send them on and I'll attempt to answer them.
> Regards,
>
> Seth
>
> --
> web:http://geographika.co.uk
> twitter: @geographika

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Adding the GeoExt3 Project to OSGeoLive

Angelos Tzotsos

As discussed during the meeting, this is a motion to accept geoext to
OSGeoLive.
Starting with my +1
Angelos

On 5/14/19 6:11 PM, Seth G wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The page at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Apply  has a list of questions with regards to adding a new project to OSGeoLive. Some aren't applicable as GeoExt is a JS library, but other details are below.
>
> The docs are at https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/pull/448
> The OSGeoLive install script is at https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/pull/257
>
> What is its name?
> GeoExt
>
> What does the application do and how does it add value to the GeoSpatial stack of software?
>
> GeoExt is a JavaScript library for building rich geospatial applications that was first started in 2009. A good summary of the project can be found in the FOSS4G 2015 presentation at http://marcjansen.github.io/foss4g-2015/Towards-GeoExt-3-Supporting-both-OpenLayers-3-and-ExtJS-6.html
>
> What is the home page URL?
> https://geoext.github.io/geoext3/
>
> Which OSI approved Open Source Licence is used?
> GPLv3 or BSD License dependent on ExtJS license
>
> Does the application make use of OGC standards? Which versions of the standards? Client or server?
> Uses OGC standards - WMS, WFS (both client)
>
> What language is it written in?
> JavaScript
>
> Which version of the application should be included in the next OSGeo-Live release?
> 3.1.0
>
> Has the application been rolled out to production into risk (ideally risk adverse) organisations?
> Yes
>
> What is the Open HUB URL for your project?
> https://www.openhub.net/p/geoext3
>
> What is the size of your developer community?
> 9 developers have contributed in the last year
>
> What is the size of the user community?
> There is a mailing list with infrequent posts. Many applications are Intranet based so it is hard to guage active use.
>
> Please discuss the level of testing that your project has gone through.
> Fully automated test suite using Travis/Karma
>
> How much disk space will be required to install the application and a suitable example application?
> Disk space - < 3MB (mainly the ExtJS library)
>
> Who will act as the project's liaison person?
> I'm willing to act as the project liaison.
>
> How long has the project has had mature code?
> GeoExt has been around since 2009. GeoExt3 was started in 2015.
>
> Do you have a bug free, stable release?
> Yes (although some open issues as with every project)
>
> If anyone has any further questions please send them on and I'll attempt to answer them.
> Regards,
>
> Seth
>
> --
> web:http://geographika.co.uk
> twitter: @geographika

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Adding the GeoExt3 Project to OSGeoLive

Nicolas Roelandt
Hi all,

+1 to accept GeoExt contribution. Excellent work !

Nicolas

Hi all,

On 5/14/19 6:11 PM, Seth G wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The page at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Apply  has a list of questions with regards to adding a new project to OSGeoLive. Some aren't applicable as GeoExt is a JS library, but other details are below.
>
> The docs are at https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/pull/448
> The OSGeoLive install script is at https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/pull/257
>
> What is its name?
> GeoExt
>
> What does the application do and how does it add value to the GeoSpatial stack of software?
>
> GeoExt is a JavaScript library for building rich geospatial applications that was first started in 2009. A good summary of the project can be found in the FOSS4G 2015 presentation at http://marcjansen.github.io/foss4g-2015/Towards-GeoExt-3-Supporting-both-OpenLayers-3-and-ExtJS-6.html
>
> What is the home page URL?
> https://geoext.github.io/geoext3/
>
> Which OSI approved Open Source Licence is used?
> GPLv3 or BSD License dependent on ExtJS license
>
> Does the application make use of OGC standards? Which versions of the standards? Client or server?
> Uses OGC standards - WMS, WFS (both client)
>
> What language is it written in?
> JavaScript
>
> Which version of the application should be included in the next OSGeo-Live release?
> 3.1.0
>
> Has the application been rolled out to production into risk (ideally risk adverse) organisations?
> Yes
>
> What is the Open HUB URL for your project?
> https://www.openhub.net/p/geoext3
>
> What is the size of your developer community?
> 9 developers have contributed in the last year
>
> What is the size of the user community?
> There is a mailing list with infrequent posts. Many applications are Intranet based so it is hard to guage active use.
>
> Please discuss the level of testing that your project has gone through.
> Fully automated test suite using Travis/Karma
>
> How much disk space will be required to install the application and a suitable example application?
> Disk space - < 3MB (mainly the ExtJS library)
>
> Who will act as the project's liaison person?
> I'm willing to act as the project liaison.
>
> How long has the project has had mature code?
> GeoExt has been around since 2009. GeoExt3 was started in 2015.
>
> Do you have a bug free, stable release?
> Yes (although some open issues as with every project)
>
> If anyone has any further questions please send them on and I'll attempt to answer them.
> Regards,
>
> Seth
>
> --
> web:http://geographika.co.uk
> twitter: @geographika

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Bien cordialement,

Nicolas Roelandt
mail: [hidden email]
mobile: +33 (0)6 42 40 42 55
twitter: @RoelandtN42

Re: Adding the GeoExt3 Project to OSGeoLive

Cameron Shorter
+1 to accept GeoExt, on the assumption it is ready on time. I see this as being an excellent addition.
Cameron

On 5/14/19 6:11 PM, Seth G wrote:
> [...]
> 9 developers have contributed in the last year
>
> What is the size of the user community?
> There is a mailing list with infrequent posts. Many applications are Intranet based so it is hard to guage active use.
>
> Please discuss the level of testing that your project has gone through.
> Fully automated test suite using Travis/Karma
>
> How much disk space will be required to install the application and a suitable example application?
> Disk space - < 3MB (mainly the ExtJS library)
>
> Who will act as the project's liaison person?
> I'm willing to act as the project liaison.
>
> How long has the project has had mature code?
> GeoExt has been around since 2009. GeoExt3 was started in 2015.
>
> Do you have a bug free, stable release?
> Yes (although some open issues as with every project)
>
> If anyone has any further questions please send them on and I'll attempt to answer them.

Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: Adding the GeoExt3 Project to OSGeoLive

Alex Mandel-2
+1
Alex

Python -- Batteries are Leaking ?