Adding text labels on the fly

dnbphysicist
Hello all,

I was wondering if there was something built into the API that allows a user the ability to add labels under features on the fly similar to OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature allows you to draw features? I was taking a look at this example: http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/vector-features-with-text.html and visually that's exactly what I'm looking for but it doesn't allow the user viewing the page to add the text. If there's no control present I could probably write one, but figured I'd ask if anyone else has ever done this.

Thanks in advance!