Quantcast

Adding new Category

Nizam ud Din
Dear All

I am not a developer and new one in the Geonetwork. I have explored the online material regarding learning about geonetowork.

I have a problem that when I add new category, the name not display within the category list.

Can any one help step wise?

If any one can spare some time skype or other social media discussion regarding learning about geonetwork, please inform.

Best Regards

Nizam-ud-Din

Size of data, Map, Publish as WMS, WFS, WCS

Nizam ud Din
Hi

I am new on GeoNetwork and have 10 experience in ArcGIS Desktop.

So I am preparing the metadata on GeoNetwork, its my organization dream to streamline the Geospatial data.

There are many few questions regarding the handling of metadata;

  *   The default size is 100mb, but my question is that what maximam file size can be uploaded on GeoNetwork and how?
  *   How much maximum size of metadata can be stored in GeoNetwork?
  *   When I publish a file by using Publish as WMS, WCS, WFS, I found the following error;

Metadata resource 'D:\Rough\Geonetwork Test\pakistan_dist.shp' not found for metadata 'eeb35934-1e67-4d67-a4bd-5be7e21f5eac'

What this mean?

I use the following methodology

        *   set protocol (Web address (URL)
           *   Linkage file path of Shapefile

When I seted the

        *   set protocol (file for download)
        *   Linkage to zipfile

I found the following message after publishing,

No such style: Pakistan1_style null

   what its mean?

Please describe stepwise.

  *   When I upload an KMZ file , nothing happen.
  *   My last question is that how to change the content on start interface of  GeoNetwork, for example I want to change the name of "Data Portal" and add the more material.

Please explain the process step by step for each question, if it is better please contact for skype discussion, my skype id is "nizam.urbanunit"

Best Regards

Nizam-ud-Din

-----------------------------
GIS Manager
The Urban Unit
(Urban Sector Planning & Management Services Unit (Private) Limited)
Government of The Punjab,
503-Shaheen Complex<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=31.562863%2c+74.332847&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&ll=31.562749%2c74.33297&spn=0.001296%2c0.002642&z=19&iwloc=A>  , 5th Floor,  Egerton Road, Lahore. Pakistan

------------------------------------
Mob: +92-321-4243824
Office: +92-042-99205316-22,042-36376365
fax: 042-99205323
Email: [hidden email], [hidden email]
http://www.urbanunit.gov.pk<http://www.urbanunit.gov.pk/>
http://www.irispunjab.gov.pk

Re: Adding new Category

amacar
This problem with category was fixed here: https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/commit/e49f9c66b8f71c31908883d935e4115f97b83837
Maybe you need newer version of geonetwork.