Add yourself to the QGIS Contributor Map

Add yourself to the QGIS Contributor Map

Tim Sutton-4
Hi All

On Friday I will be filling in for Nathan to give a keynote speech about QGIS here at FOSS4G2013. I would love to show a map of contributors around the world. If you have ever contributed a patch, written documentation,  have commit rights or have otherwise been a part of forming the QGIS software project we all know and love, please consider adding yourself to our map. I have made a simple json document (attached link below [1]). Please note you do not need to add your precise address, even to the nearest country is ok. Please test your changes by pasting the resulting updated json document here[1] into the json  tab to see that you didnt break it.

[2] http://geojson.io

Thanks in advance everyone!

Regards

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Add yourself to the QGIS Contributor Map

macho
hmmm ... 5 people at once editing that file seems to be .. not working ..
file seems to be broken already ..

regards
Werner

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM, Tim Sutton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> On Friday I will be filling in for Nathan to give a keynote speech about
> QGIS here at FOSS4G2013. I would love to show a map of contributors around
> the world. If you have ever contributed a patch, written documentation,
> have commit rights or have otherwise been a part of forming the QGIS
> software project we all know and love, please consider adding yourself to
> our map. I have made a simple json document (attached link below [1]).
> Please note you do not need to add your precise address, even to the nearest
> country is ok. Please test your changes by pasting the resulting updated
> json document here[1] into the json  tab to see that you didnt break it.
>
> [1] http://bit.ly/18zDjJt
> [2] http://geojson.io
>
> Thanks in advance everyone!
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)

Re: Add yourself to the QGIS Contributor Map

Borys Jurgiel-4
Please everybody check your first commit date. By setting JEF's first
contribution to 2013 we seriously mess the Earth history :) Gino's date looks
suspicious too. I haven't check others.

Re: Add yourself to the QGIS Contributor Map

ginetto
I can change to Unknow... that date was related to my repo. I presented code in Brighton but I can't do pull request until some burocratic problems are resolved.

But it's ok leaving with unknow (as pcav)... but I prefer to "stay" in this list because my last tree month of work in the communtiy.... it it's not a problem, obviously.

thanks, Luigi Pirelli ([hidden email])

On 19 September 2013 14:38, Borys Jurgiel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please everybody check your first commit date. By setting JEF's first
contribution to 2013 we seriously mess the Earth history :) Gino's date looks
suspicious too. I haven't check others.

Re: Add yourself to the QGIS Contributor Map

Anita Graser

Could we use a csv format? Writing json is a pain. Also csv is easier to fix when broken.

Best wishes.

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Add yourself to the QGIS Contributor Map

Borys Jurgiel-4
I just see some commits from early July. I'm too lazy to investigate whether
they went to QGIS repo or another repos, so I just mentioned the August 22 is
"suspicious". Just to attract your attention. I also don't remember if you did
some commits past years or not. It's all :-)

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Gino Pirelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can change to Unknow... that date was related to my repo. I presented code in Brighton but I can't do pull request until some burocratic problems are resolved.

But it's ok leaving with unknow (as pcav)... but I prefer to "stay" in this list because my last tree month of work in the communtiy.... it it's not a problem, obviously.

thanks, Luigi Pirelli ([hidden email])

Just put the date of your first contribution if you know it.

Regards

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Add yourself to the QGIS Contributor Map

vinayan
Borys,

From a little investigation, it seems,

First Commit: 10-Nov-2008
commit message - "Plugin Installer update: inclusion to i18n git-svn-id: ...."

I got it from ohloh, I think it is somewhat correct
https://www.ohloh.net/p/3663/contributors?query=&sort=commits

Re: Add yourself to the QGIS Contributor Map

Tim Sutton-4
Hi

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 1:55 AM, Etienne Tourigny <[hidden email]> wrote:
I get a blank document

It should be back now

Regards

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM, Etienne Tourigny <[hidden email]> wrote:
where can we see the actual, updated map? The source is in the master tree, but I have not seen in in the QGIS about dialogs.

If you go here https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/doc/contributors.json you will see it on a map. I used the map in the keynote speech at foss4g2013. In future versions of QGIS, sure we could include it somewhere in a dialog of you thought that would be a useful thing to do.

Regards

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net