Add support to vector data formats for gvSIG Mini - Report 2

Add support to vector data formats for gvSIG Mini - Report 2

Fernando Pinotti
Hi all,

as Jorge suggested I will post also here (apart from the OSgeo summer of code list) my weekly report regarding to the project I'm developing for gvSIG Mini [1]. Every friday I will post my weekly work, any suggestion or improvement will be appreciated :)

28/05 - 03/06
  • Built the gvSIG-GPE workspace
  • Tested that the gvSIG-GPE compiles and runs on Android
  • Wrote the GPE-GPX provider and made some unit tests
  • Validated the API with my mentor

Problems:

  • None

Work for the next week:

  • Study a library to substitute the geometries model in gvSIG Mini.
  • Develop a gvSIG Mini GPEHandler to receive events from parsed GPX files. This will allow to load GPX files on gvSIG Mini.
=============
22/05 - 27/05
  • Built a GPE workspace with the sources of gvSIG Mobile
  • Tested and debugged some GPX and KML files in the workspace
  • First draft of the API

Problems:

  • I have had problems while building the GPE workspace with the last sources of gvSIG. I've asked the gvSIG list for help.

Work for the next week:

  • Validate the API design with my mentor.
  • Build the last GPE workspace.
[1] https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/GVMN/Add+support+to+vector+data+formats

Regards,

Fernando.

El 03/06/11 19:56, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas escribió:
On 3 June 2011 18:27, Fernando Pinotti [hidden email] wrote:
Hi all,

I've updated the gvSIG Mini wiki with my work of this week [1]. This has
been a productive week :)

[1] https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/GVMN/Weekly+log

Regards,

Fernando.
Fernando (and others)

It would great if instead a lonely link you post your here your
complete reports.

It's easier for everyone interested in your work to be able to browse
them and to have them be archived properly at mailing lists (and
nabble, etc). Also you will have better feedback and discussion from
other parties. Even more, in your case (and the other gvSIG students),
a CC to the gvSIG devel mailing list would be great to be in touch
with the rest of the gvSIG developers community. You are not alone!!

Best regards and I hope you are going well with your mentor :-)