Add list of contributors to documentation

Add list of contributors to documentation

DelazJ
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hi List,

No one ?
Does it mean that everything is good in the PR despite my lazy process or, nobody is (currently?) interested in this subject?

Regards,
Harrissou

Hi List,

The "Help --> About" menu in QGIS Desktop provides among many other information lists of developers, contributors (i still do not get the difference between the two) and translators of QGIS applications.
So , because this was not available for readers or hasn't been updated for a while [0], I'm working on a pull-request [1] that aims to add all contributors to published docs. Regardless the percentage of translation [2], any publicly available language is listed.

BUT... while it's rather easy to identify writers looking at github contributors list, it's not really obvious for translators. Adding doc translators means, for each language, reporting its members one by one from Transifex. But it's not because someone is added to the project team that he's ever translated something in the doc. It'd hence mean to check history of everyone and this is simply time-consuming and not an option (and I'm even not sure the list I could build would be right).

So, as I'm a lazy guy, I picked translators from the Desktop application (except Ukrainian which is not available in Desktop list, so I took its coordinator). These persons were supposed to have contributed to QGIS.
If you feel uncomfortable with this list because you or some active translators are missing or some mentioned people are not doc translators or anything else that could improve the situation (some questions are raised in the comments of the abovementioned pull request), please:
- propose a fix to the pull-request
- add a comment to the pull-request
- or report it in this thread

Kind regards,
Harrissou

Re: Add list of contributors to documentation

macho
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hi!

I'd say if nobody stands up against it - it is a silent acceptance ;)
Just go ahead with it ..

thanks for your efforts
regards
Werner

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 12:07 PM, DelazJ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>

> Hi List,
>
> No one ?
> Does it mean that everything is good in the PR despite my lazy process or, nobody is (currently?) interested in this subject?
>
> Regards,
> Harrissou

>> Hi List,
>>
>> The "Help --> About" menu in QGIS Desktop provides among many other information lists of developers, contributors (i still do not get the difference between the two) and translators of QGIS applications.
>> So , because this was not available for readers or hasn't been updated for a while [0], I'm working on a pull-request [1] that aims to add all contributors to published docs. Regardless the percentage of translation [2], any publicly available language is listed.
>>
>> BUT... while it's rather easy to identify writers looking at github contributors list, it's not really obvious for translators. Adding doc translators means, for each language, reporting its members one by one from Transifex. But it's not because someone is added to the project team that he's ever translated something in the doc. It'd hence mean to check history of everyone and this is simply time-consuming and not an option (and I'm even not sure the list I could build would be right).
>>
>> So, as I'm a lazy guy, I picked translators from the Desktop application (except Ukrainian which is not available in Desktop list, so I took its coordinator). These persons were supposed to have contributed to QGIS.
>> If you feel uncomfortable with this list because you or some active translators are missing or some mentioned people are not doc translators or anything else that could improve the situation (some questions are raised in the comments of the abovementioned pull request), please:
>> - propose a fix to the pull-request
>> - add a comment to the pull-request
>> - or report it in this thread
>>
>> [0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation#authors-and-translators
>> [1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/1460
>> [2] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-tr/2016-December/000780.html
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Harrissou

Re: Add list of contributors to documentation

DelazJ
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Thanks for the precision, Werner

H.