Add HTML table inside the Jx.TreeFolder object

Add HTML table inside the Jx.TreeFolder object

Rodolfo Moreno

Hi Paul,
excuse my rudeness for writing to you straight, but I know you are a
seasoned developer in Jx.

I want to show a HTML table after doing click to a Jx.TreeFolder

/* add a folder to the tree */
    var folder = new Jx.TreeFolder({label: 'My Folder'});
    tree.append(folder);

/* put an item into the folder */
var item = new Jx.TreeItem({label: 'item ' + i});
folder.append(item);

This is a sample that I found in zip file of fusion. It shows how put an
item as a text into folder,
but I would like to append a HTML table into folder, is it possible?

Thanks in advance

-----
Rodolfo Moreno
CivilEng

Re: Add HTML table inside the Jx.TreeFolder object

Paul Spencer-2
Hi Rodolfo,

unfortunately the Jx.Tree code is not designed to support content that
is not a Jx.TreeFolder or Jx.TreeItem.  This is an interesting idea,
however.  Can you explain your use case?  I'm not promising that Jx
will be able to do it, but I would like to know why you want to do it :)

Cheers

Paul

On 29-Aug-08, at 5:15 PM, Rodolfo Moreno wrote:

> Hi Paul,
> excuse my rudeness for writing to you straight, but I know you are a
> seasoned developer in Jx.
>
> I want to show a HTML table after doing click to a Jx.TreeFolder
>
> /* add a folder to the tree */
>    var folder = new Jx.TreeFolder({label: 'My Folder'});
>    tree.append(folder);
>
> /* put an item into the folder */
> var item = new Jx.TreeItem({label: 'item ' + i});
> folder.append(item);
>
> This is a sample that I found in zip file of fusion. It shows how
> put an
> item as a text into folder,
> but I would like to append a HTML table into folder, is it possible?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> -----
> Rodolfo Moreno
> CivilEng

Re: Add HTML table inside the Jx.TreeFolder object

Rodolfo Moreno

Thanks Paul for your quick answer.
my use case:
a widget that shows the selected layers in JxFolders (similiar a
selectionpanel)
and if the user wants to see the selected features for some layer should
expand the folder.
The selected features should be showed in a table.

I think that is kind of widget is useful when the map has many layers and
many features displayed at the same time.

I hope that it has clarified my idea

Best regards

-----
Rodolfo Moreno
CivilEng

Re: Add HTML table inside the Jx.TreeFolder object

Paul Spencer-2
An achievable option would be to create a tree of the layers that have
selection results and have the actual results next to them:

+-+- My Group     +-> | Selection Details |
     |-- Result 1  |   | Field 1 | Value 1 |
     |-- Result 3 -+   | Field 2 | Value 2 |

(Sorry for the horrible ascii art)

Cheers