Add FDO provider in Fdo2Fdo Application

Dhirendra Kumar
Hi All,

I have fod2fdo provider and i want to make connection with MySQL couz not MySQL provider persent in Connection list, I already tryed for it, just i copied MySQLprovider.dll in Fdo2Fdo directory and change in provider.xml when i open then i can see MySQL provider name FDO connection list only and not any other information in combo box and lower text box and when i clicked on test button then i get  Unable to create connection!. Pls help me. Thankyou in Advance.

Regards,
Dhirendra Kumar

RE: Add FDO provider in Fdo2Fdo Application

Haris Kurtagic
Perhaps you need to add some MySql libraries ( simillar to PostGis) ?

Also version of provider ( for  Fdo 3.2 or 3.2.2  ) ?

Haris

RE: Add FDO provider in Fdo2Fdo Application

Haris Kurtagic
here you can download Fdo2Fdo which includes MySQL provider
(MySQLProvider.dll, MySQLOverrides.dll, RdbmsOverrides.dll,
RdbmsMsg.dll) and MySql client ( libmysql.dll 5.0.22 ).

http://www.sl-king.com/Fdo2Fdo/download/Fdo2Fdo_v0_7_5.rar

I have tried it.
You can use it to query data from MySQL. However I had lot of issues I
had to resolve to copy SHP file data to MySQL:
1. I have created DataStore in MAP (Bulk Copy didn't work on my test SHP
file )
2. I changed spatil context name to Default
3. and with Fdo2Fdo SchemaManager I changed some data types. There are
many restrictions in MySQL provider schema like autogenerated couldn't
not be INT 32 and read only etc..

Eventually I copied one SHP file to MySQL.

I suppose to be really able to copy data to MySQL , it would required
more effort.

Haris