Accuracy Keys for linear, circular, and spherical errors, etc.

Accuracy Keys for linear, circular, and spherical errors, etc.

Gail-2

Quote taken from Rev 1.0 of the GeoTIFF Spec:

4 Extended GeoTIFF

This section is for future development TBD.

Possible additional GeoKeys for Revision 2.0

o Accuracy Keys for linear, circular, and spherical errors, etc.

Does anyone know if a subsequent official version (or even a proposed version) has identified the linear and circular error keys and described the errors they encode?

We are specifically looking for absolute and relative errors in both CE and LE. If so, could you please include a link to the spec?

Thanks,

Gail

Re: Accuracy Keys for linear, circular, and spherical errors, etc.

Frank Warmerdam-2
On 7/27/05, Nagle, Gail A (US SSA) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Quote taken from Rev 1.0 of the GeoTIFF Spec:
>

> 4 Extended GeoTIFF
>

> This section is for future development TBD.
>

> Possible additional GeoKeys for Revision 2.0

> o Accuracy Keys for linear, circular, and spherical errors, etc.

> Does anyone know if a subsequent official version (or even a proposed
> version) has identified the linear and circular error keys and described the
> errors they encode?
>
> We are specifically looking for absolute and relative errors in both CE and
> LE. If so, could you please include a link to the spec?

Gail,

I am not aware of any work in this direction with the exception that
bias error values are kept in the newly proposed RPC extension to
GeoTIFF.  But this isn't general of course.

  http://geotiff.maptools.org/rpc_prop.html