Account creation to upload new packages

Mickael Savinaud
Dear OSGeo4W menders,
I am in charge to upload packages for the new OTB release. To do that I
need a account on the OSGeo4W server.
Could you please send me the information about how to get this account
and some documentation about upload process.

Best
Mickaël

Re: Account creation to upload new packages

mhw-at-yg
Hi Mickaël,

Someone else (Frank?) will have to handle the account creation.

WRT to the uploading process see the Setup.ini section of
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackagingInstructions#Setup.ini

Oh. I see it doesn't talk about the actual uploading. Here's what happens just before that:

1. <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="sftp://download.osgeo.org">sftp://download.osgeo.org using your new credentials (I like WinSCP for Windows).

2. Upload your package to `/osgeo/download/osgeo4w/release/....`

3. ...and this is where the Setup.ini section takes over

Packagers can ignore the other directories and the contents of the root folder, `/osgeo/download/osgeo4w`.

cheers,
matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst
Information Management and Technology
Yukon Department of Environment
867-667-8133 Tel * 867-393-7003 Fax
On 23/07/2013 7:15 AM, Mickael Savinaud wrote:
Dear OSGeo4W menders,
I am in charge to upload packages for the new OTB release. To do that I
need a account on the OSGeo4W server.
Could you please send me the information about how to get this account
and some documentation about upload process.

Best
Mickaël

-Matt

Re: Account creation to upload new packages

Frank Warmerdam
Mickaël,

Instructions on getting an OSGeo userid are available at:

  http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid

Once you have it, email me with the account name and I will enable it for shell access to the download server after which you can follow Matt's instructions.

It may be necessary for me to change permissions on the http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/release/orfeotoolbox/ directory.  If you find this let me know and I'll chown it to you or open the write permissions.

Best regards,
Frank

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Matt Wilkie <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mickaël,

Someone else (Frank?) will have to handle the account creation.

WRT to the uploading process see the Setup.ini section of
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackagingInstructions#Setup.ini

Oh. I see it doesn't talk about the actual uploading. Here's what happens just before that:

1. sftp://download.osgeo.org using your new credentials (I like WinSCP for Windows).

2. Upload your package to `/osgeo/download/osgeo4w/release/....`

3. ...and this is where the Setup.ini section takes over

Packagers can ignore the other directories and the contents of the root folder, `/osgeo/download/osgeo4w`.

cheers,
matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst
Information Management and Technology
Yukon Department of Environment
On 23/07/2013 7:15 AM, Mickael Savinaud wrote:
Dear OSGeo4W menders,
I am in charge to upload packages for the new OTB release. To do that I
need a account on the OSGeo4W server.
Could you please send me the information about how to get this account
and some documentation about upload process.

Best
Mickaël

Re: Account creation to upload new packages

Mickael Savinaud
Hi everybody,
It is ok I have now the account and all the information I need.
Thank you very much.
Mickaël

Le 23/07/2013 16:15, Mickael Savinaud a écrit :
> Dear OSGeo4W menders,
> I am in charge to upload packages for the new OTB release. To do that I
> need a account on the OSGeo4W server.
> Could you please send me the information about how to get this account
> and some documentation about upload process.
>
> Best
> Mickaël

Re: Account creation to upload new packages

Jürgen E. Fischer

On Tue, 23. Jul 2013 at 09:54:02 -0700, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>    Once you have it, email me with the account name and I will enable it for
>    shell access to the download server after which you can follow Matt's
>    instructions.

>    It may be necessary for me to change permissions on the
>    [2]http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/release/orfeotoolbox/ directory.  If
>    you find this let me know and I'll chown it to you or open the write
>    permissions.

Both already done offlist - onlist would probably been better.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden