Accessing Individual Band layer with WMS

Accessing Individual Band layer with WMS

osgisdev
Hi Geoserver User,

I have a multi-band GeoTiff image with 180 bands, with each band representing hourly precipitation layer, I uploaded this layer into Geoserver and enabled both WMS and WCS.

For the WCS I'm able to access individual band pixel value using the rangesubset parameter/option.

However, I can't seem to find a parameter to access individual band layer from WMS, is this options supported?

Regards
Erick

Re: Accessing Individual Band layer with WMS

jody.garnett
The styling used to visualize the raster controls what bands are displayed (specifically raster symbolizer assigns bands to a red, green or blue channel).

In GeoServer 2.14 onward you can use expressions to select which band to use dynamically - see http://blog.geoserver.org/2018/09/24/geoserver-2-14-0-released/
--
Jody Garnett

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 at 23:36, Erick Opiyo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Geoserver User,

I have a multi-band GeoTiff image with 180 bands, with each band representing hourly precipitation layer, I uploaded this layer into Geoserver and enabled both WMS and WCS.

For the WCS I'm able to access individual band pixel value using the rangesubset parameter/option.

However, I can't seem to find a parameter to access individual band layer from WMS, is this options supported?

Regards
Erick

Re: Accessing Individual Band layer with WMS

osgisdev
Hi Jody,

The raster symbolizer worked. I was able to map any band to either B1 or B2 or B3 using the  <SourceChannelName> tag as shown below.

                 <SourceChannelName>
                        <ogc:Function name="env">
                        <ogc:Literal>B1</ogc:Literal>
                        <ogc:Literal>10</ogc:Literal>