Absolute URL paths in clustered Geoserver's settings

Absolute URL paths in clustered Geoserver's settings

Adam Borczyk
Hi everyone!
I set up a dockerized Geoserver cluster, where I have one Master node and multiple Secondary nodes. They share config using JDBCConfig. In front of them I have Nginx, that redirects every request in administrative panel to "Master node" (with rule that does proxy_pass if path starts with "/geoserver/web") and every other requests to "Secondary nodes".

I noticed that in the admin panel of Geoserver, most links are to relative URL (in my case it takes "localhost/...."), but in some parts they point to my Docker container's hostname, eg. with Layer Preview "http://geoserver-master:8080/geoserver/nurc/wms.....".

As there is no connectivity straight to the container, this request obviously fails. How can I approach this? Do I have to explicitly specify Geoserver's hostname? Or maybe there is a way to make it relative like "/geoserver/nurc/wms....." and resolve automatically through Nginx?

Best regards

Adam Borczyk

---------------------------------

GIS Support Sp. z o.o.

Dobrzańskiego 3, Lublin 20-262

tel. +48 81 451 14 90, NIP: 9462641761

Re: Absolute URL paths in clustered Geoserver's settings

Adam Borczyk
Actually the problem was in proxied headers and I did not think this would be the case, but I fixed it accidentally doing some other task. Anyway, one should just add those headers in Nginx:

        proxy_set_header Host            $host;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr;

Sorry for cluttering here.

Best regards

Adam Borczyk