About wfs update to multiple rows

INFANTE, Jorge Luis
Hi
I need to produce a wfs update to multiple rows, computing the value of
property using existing value (like property = property * 2).
Is it posible?
I'm preparing this xml, but, I need complete it:

<wfs:Update typeName="mylayer">
 <wfs:Property>
   <wfs:Name>myattribute</wfs:Name>
   <wfs:Value> </wfs:Value>  <---- I need put the computed value here
 </wfs:Property>
 <ogc:Filter>
   <ogc:And>
     <ogc:PropertyIsGreaterThan>
       <ogc:PropertyName>id</ogc:PropertyName>
       <ogc:Literal>9</ogc:Literal>
     </ogc:PropertyIsLessThan>
     <ogc:PropertyIsLessThan>
       <ogc:PropertyName>id</ogc:PropertyName>
       <ogc:Literal>19</ogc:Literal>
     </ogc:PropertyIsLessThan>
   </ogc:And>
 </ogc:Filter>
</wfs:Update>

I need to produce a sql like this:

update mylayer set myattribute = myattibute * 2 where id between 10 and 20;

Is it posible?

Thanks

jorge infante
rosario - santa fe - argentina

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

Re: About wfs update to multiple rows

Nuno Oliveira-3
Hi,

As far as I know the provided value needs to be static:

Now, if you don't need to be WFS compliant the protocol implementation
could be extended to support an expression, but that's something that
would need to be discussed with he community ...

I would personally go for a custom WPS process that would have the
ability to apply a transformation to existing fields, similar
to the existing transformation process, and then create another
process that I could chain that would update the feature type.

Maybe I missed something  more obvious, let's see if somebody comes
with a better solution.

By the way the closing tag of  <ogc:PropertyIsGreaterThan> is wrong.

Bets regards,
Nuno Oliveira

On Tue, 2019-06-11 at 03:07 -0700, INFANTE, Jorge Luis wrote:
[...]

==
GeoServer Professional Services from the
experts!
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
==

Nuno Miguel Carvalho Oliveira
@nmcoliveira
Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati
personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla
protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni
circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto,
gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza
è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo
scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è
tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita.
Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information that
is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European
Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or
use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
have received this email by mistake, please notify
us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Re: About wfs update to multiple rows

geowolf
I don't think it's possible, for what I remember the WFS specification only allows to set fixed values,
not expression. GeoServer definitely does not allow for it, the API has no concept of updating data by expression

Cheers
Andrea