About software license

David Lucena González
Hi to all the people in the list. I hope I am not bothering you. I've reached the project page at github for proj4js, wich I would like to incorporate to my commercial application. I've read that the original project, PROJ4 has MIT license. I would like to know if the javascript version has the same license applied. In the LICENSE.ms does not states that, so I don't know if I can use it or not.

Thanks in advance,

David.

Re: About software license

Sebastiaan Couwenberg
On 2015-07-22 10:29, David Lucena González wrote:
> I've reached the project page at github for proj4js, wich I would
> like to incorporate to my commercial application. I've read that the
> original project, PROJ4 has MIT license. I would like to know if the
> javascript version has the same license applied. In the LICENSE.ms
> does not states that, so I don't know if I can use it or not.

proj4js is licensed under the MIT license too, the LICENSE.md file
includes the terms for the MIT license.

https://github.com/proj4js/proj4js/blob/master/LICENSE.md

As long as you include the copyright notice for proj4js in your
commercial application your use is allowed.

Kind Regards,

Bas

Re: About software license

David Lucena González
Thank you very much. I already read the LICENSE.md before writing the first mail, but as I din't saw a "direct" statement about MIT license I was not really sure.

Thank you again.

Regards,

David.

Re: About software license

Andreas Hocevar
Yes, proj4js has the MIT license as well.

Andreas.

Sent from my iPad