About qgis.pro

Andreas Neumann-4
Hi,

I hear back from Martin Dresen (qgis.pro). He is currently in Madagaskar
for a project. He promised that he will fix the issues around naming and
domain name when he is back in Berlin.

Will probably hear back again in a couple of days.

Greetings,

Andreas

Re: About qgis.pro

pcav
Thanks Andreas for the update. Was him more specific about how he intends to fix it?
All the best.

Il 20 aprile 2018 21:13:05 GMT+01:00, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hi,

I hear back from Martin Dresen (qgis.pro). He is currently in Madagaskar
for a project. He promised that he will fix the issues around naming and
domain name when he is back in Berlin.

Will probably hear back again in a couple of days.

Greetings,

Andreas

Qgis-psc mailing list

Sorry for being short

Re: About qgis.pro

Andreas Neumann-3
Hi Paolo,

Martin Dresen apologized that he did not get in touch with us prior to reserving domain name and deciding on the company name. He asked for 2 weeks of patience to resolve the issue around domain name and product name. He did not outline in more detail what he intends to do, but said that my requests where clear.

Will let you know more in about 2 weeks from now.

Andreas

On 21 April 2018 at 07:50, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Andreas for the update. Was him more specific about how he intends to fix it?
All the best.

Il 20 aprile 2018 21:13:05 GMT+01:00, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hi,

I hear back from Martin Dresen (qgis.pro). He is currently in Madagaskar
for a project. He promised that he will fix the issues around naming and
domain name when he is back in Berlin.

Will probably hear back again in a couple of days.

Greetings,

Andreas

Qgis-psc mailing list

Sorry for being short

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)

Re: About qgis.pro

pcav
Great, thanks again.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: About qgis.pro

Régis Haubourg
Hi all,

It is all CC-SA licensed, but with a .com domain. The tutorials seem great. Was someone contacted by the author for using that domain name?

Regards
Régis

Great, thanks again.

Il 24/04/2018 11:33, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> Martin Dresen apologized that he did not get in touch with us prior to
> reserving domain name and deciding on the company name. He asked for 2
> weeks of patience to resolve the issue around domain name and product
> name. He did not outline in more detail what he intends to do, but said
> that my requests where clear.
>
> Will let you know more in about 2 weeks from now.
>
> Andreas
>
> On 21 April 2018 at 07:50, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks Andreas for the update. Was him more specific about how he
>     intends to fix it?
>     All the best.
>
>     Il 20 aprile 2018 21:13:05 GMT+01:00, Andreas Neumann
>     <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> ha scritto:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         I hear back from Martin Dresen (qgis.pro <http://qgis.pro>). He is currently in Madagaskar
>         for a project. He promised that he will fix the issues around naming and
>         domain name when he is back in Berlin.
>
>         Will probably hear back again in a couple of days.
>
>         Greetings,
>
>         Andreas

>     --
>     Sorry for being short

> Andreas Neumann
> QGIS.ORG <http://QGIS.ORG> board member (treasurer)

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: About qgis.pro

Tim Sutton-6
Hi

On 24 Apr 2018, at 12:51, Régis Haubourg <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

It is all CC-SA licensed, but with a .com domain. The tutorials seem great. Was someone contacted by the author for using that domain name?

Ujval has been a community member for a long time and his site is great. I would really recommend letting him keep that domain. Perhaps for such cases we could provide an ‘approved by QGIS.ORG’ banner or something so that people can show their QGIS domain use is legitimate…

Regards

Tim

Regards
Régis

Great, thanks again.

Il 24/04/2018 11:33, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> Martin Dresen apologized that he did not get in touch with us prior to
> reserving domain name and deciding on the company name. He asked for 2
> weeks of patience to resolve the issue around domain name and product
> name. He did not outline in more detail what he intends to do, but said
> that my requests where clear.
>
> Will let you know more in about 2 weeks from now.
>
> Andreas
>
> On 21 April 2018 at 07:50, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks Andreas for the update. Was him more specific about how he
>     intends to fix it?
>     All the best.
>
>     Il 20 aprile 2018 21:13:05 GMT+01:00, Andreas Neumann
>     <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> ha scritto:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         I hear back from Martin Dresen (qgis.pro <http://qgis.pro>). He is currently in Madagaskar
>         for a project. He promised that he will fix the issues around naming and
>         domain name when he is back in Berlin.
>
>         Will probably hear back again in a couple of days.
>
>         Greetings,
>
>         Andreas

>     --
>     Sorry for being short

> Andreas Neumann
> QGIS.ORG <http://QGIS.ORG> board member (treasurer)

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

---

Tim Sutton

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: About qgis.pro

pcav
Il 24/04/2018 13:44, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Ujval has been a community member for a long time and his site is great.
> I would really recommend letting him keep that domain. Perhaps for such
> cases we could provide an ‘approved by QGIS.ORG <http://QGIS.ORG>’
> banner or something so that people can show their QGIS domain use is
> legitimate…

I like the idea, and I agree we should allow Ujval to keep on using it.
Thanks Tim.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: About qgis.pro

Alessandro Pasotti-2
On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 1:51 PM, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Il 24/04/2018 13:44, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Ujval has been a community member for a long time and his site is great.
> I would really recommend letting him keep that domain. Perhaps for such
> cases we could provide an ‘approved by QGIS.ORG <http://QGIS.ORG>’
> banner or something so that people can show their QGIS domain use is
> legitimate…

I like the idea, and I agree we should allow Ujval to keep on using it.
Thanks Tim.

I'd also like the idea of Ujval keeping his domain.

But I'd also like if the next Ujval in the line would be granted the same privilege.

Does this mean that anyone who has been a community member for a long time can register a .*qgis.*\.* domain?

Btw, what is the minimum amount of time to be considered "long"? (or unsigned long maybe)

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it

Re: About qgis.pro

Tim Sutton-6
Hi

On 24 Apr 2018, at 14:00, Alessandro Pasotti <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 1:51 PM, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Il 24/04/2018 13:44, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Ujval has been a community member for a long time and his site is great.
> I would really recommend letting him keep that domain. Perhaps for such
> cases we could provide an ‘approved by QGIS.ORG <http://QGIS.ORG>’
> banner or something so that people can show their QGIS domain use is
> legitimate…

I like the idea, and I agree we should allow Ujval to keep on using it.
Thanks Tim.

I'd also like the idea of Ujval keeping his domain.

But I'd also like if the next Ujval in the line would be granted the same privilege.

Does this mean that anyone who has been a community member for a long time can register a .*qgis.*\.* domain?

I more meant to say his motives are more clear because he has been doing this for a while..we know who he is and that he is not some clickjpacker / spammer/ profiteer……

I don’t know how we can measure these things qualitatively :-(

Regards

Tim

Btw, what is the minimum amount of time to be considered "long"? (or unsigned long maybe)

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Ex Project chair: QGIS.org

Desktop GIS programming services
Geospatial web development
GIS Training
Consulting Services

Skype: timlinux
IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: About qgis.pro

pcav
Il 24/04/2018 14:00, Alessandro Pasotti ha scritto:

> I'd also like the idea of Ujval keeping his domain.
>
> But I'd also like if the next Ujval in the line would be granted the
> same privilege.
>
> Does this mean that anyone who has been a community member for a long
> time can register a .*qgis.*\.* domain?
>

> Btw, what is the minimum amount of time to be considered "long"? (or
> unsigned long maybe)

My personal preference would be if volunteers would register domains
under QGIS.org name, rather than under their own. With this, I'd be
happy if anyone from the community manages such a site.
This could apply also to local domain names. Of course we could allow
plenty of time for the domains already registered (waiting perhaps until
next renewal).
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: About qgis.pro

Régis Haubourg
+1 with Paolo. I'd love to see such a tutorial site part of the qgis domains, along with the documentation and training manual.
That said, it would be great that the tool allows to contribute to those tutorials.

Régis

Il 24/04/2018 14:00, Alessandro Pasotti ha scritto:
> I'd also like the idea of Ujval keeping his domain.
>
> But I'd also like if the next Ujval in the line would be granted the
> same privilege.
>
> Does this mean that anyone who has been a community member for a long
> time can register a .*qgis.*\.* domain?
>

> Btw, what is the minimum amount of time to be considered "long"? (or
> unsigned long maybe)

My personal preference would be if volunteers would register domains
under QGIS.org name, rather than under their own. With this, I'd be
happy if anyone from the community manages such a site.
This could apply also to local domain names. Of course we could allow
plenty of time for the domains already registered (waiting perhaps until
next renewal).
All the best.

Re: About qgis.pro

Marco Bernasocchi-2

Hi Everybody, I'm still getting the rules proposal ready. I'm currently waiting for the lawyer to finish his review of out trademark page.

Thanks a lot everybody for all the great inputs.

I'll let you know ASAP the proposal.

Cheers

Marco

On 24.04.2018 14:18, Régis Haubourg wrote:
+1 with Paolo. I'd love to see such a tutorial site part of the qgis domains, along with the documentation and training manual.
That said, it would be great that the tool allows to contribute to those tutorials.

Régis

Il 24/04/2018 14:00, Alessandro Pasotti ha scritto:
> I'd also like the idea of Ujval keeping his domain.
>
> But I'd also like if the next Ujval in the line would be granted the
> same privilege.
>
> Does this mean that anyone who has been a community member for a long
> time can register a .*qgis.*\.* domain?
>

> Btw, what is the minimum amount of time to be considered "long"? (or
> unsigned long maybe)

My personal preference would be if volunteers would register domains
under QGIS.org name, rather than under their own. With this, I'd be
happy if anyone from the community manages such a site.
This could apply also to local domain names. Of course we could allow
plenty of time for the domains already registered (waiting perhaps until
next renewal).
All the best.

Marco Bernasocchi

QGIS.org Co-chair
http://berna.io

Re: About qgis.pro

ginetto
+1 tim

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
* https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-qgis-second-edition
* Hire me: http://goo.gl/BYRQKg

On 24 April 2018 at 13:44, Tim Sutton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

On 24 Apr 2018, at 12:51, Régis Haubourg <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

It is all CC-SA licensed, but with a .com domain. The tutorials seem great. Was someone contacted by the author for using that domain name?

Ujval has been a community member for a long time and his site is great. I would really recommend letting him keep that domain. Perhaps for such cases we could provide an ‘approved by QGIS.ORG’ banner or something so that people can show their QGIS domain use is legitimate…

Regards

Tim

Regards
Régis

Great, thanks again.

Il 24/04/2018 11:33, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> Martin Dresen apologized that he did not get in touch with us prior to
> reserving domain name and deciding on the company name. He asked for 2
> weeks of patience to resolve the issue around domain name and product
> name. He did not outline in more detail what he intends to do, but said
> that my requests where clear.
>
> Will let you know more in about 2 weeks from now.
>
> Andreas
>
> On 21 April 2018 at 07:50, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks Andreas for the update. Was him more specific about how he
>     intends to fix it?
>     All the best.
>
>     Il 20 aprile 2018 21:13:05 GMT+01:00, Andreas Neumann
>     <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> ha scritto:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         I hear back from Martin Dresen (qgis.pro <http://qgis.pro>). He is currently in Madagaskar
>         for a project. He promised that he will fix the issues around naming and
>         domain name when he is back in Berlin.
>
>         Will probably hear back again in a couple of days.
>
>         Greetings,
>
>         Andreas

>     --
>     Sorry for being short

> Andreas Neumann
> QGIS.ORG <http://QGIS.ORG> board member (treasurer)

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

---

Tim Sutton

Re: About qgis.pro

ginetto
FYI

qgis.online changed his domain in:

Il 02/05/2018 15:53, Luigi Pirelli ha scritto:
> FYI
>
> qgis.online changed his domain in:
>
> https://giseros.com

yes, the owner announced it to me, and promised to redirect the
qgis.online to qgis. org
thanks Luigi for notiging it
all the best
--