About iTowns

Simon Ledrapier

Hello everyone,

We want to use the iTowns platform to enable our customers to display their data. For the moment we want to use iTowns v1 and add news features. With the aim of studying the feasibility of this project and to familiarizing us with the application we wish to test it with a sample of our data.

So I followed the wiki about data preparation to bring the necessary changes in the Metadata files (JSON). Is there more detailed documentation describing each step in the preparation of this data?

·         What changes must be made to these files to display our data?

·         Is there a difference between the application that we run in development mode and itowns v1.0 release (additional features such as "measurements tools, data export ...?")

·         About point clouds: Our Lidar Mobile Mapping Pegasus 2 (Leica) produces data in (.Las) format => how can we convert them into binary file (.bin) to read them in the application

·         Do you know if other application’s users possess the same LIDAR mobile mapping?

·         Concerning the starting position supplied by the file Index.html: “y“ and “z” are inverted, Is it normal?    position: {x:651182.91, y:39.6, z:6861343.03}

Thank you,

Simon Ledrapier
(Géom)