About compiling Fdo managed with strong name

About compiling Fdo managed with strong name

casper
This post was updated on .
Hi all,

I've been using the FDO Data Access Technology, and I noticed that they are not strongly named.  This is causing a problem for my project as we require everything to be strongly named.
I have added a strong name option into "Common.vcxproj" and related projects as "Linker->Advanced->Key File : C:\Test\Basic.snk", It is failed with the error message "Error 2 error LNK2022: metadata operation failed (8004041F) : Referenced assembly 'OSGeo.FDO.Common' does not have a strong name C:\Temp\fdo-3.7.0_6629\home\mgbuild\FDO_370_SOURCE\Fdo\Managed\Project\LINK OSGeo.FDO.Geometry".

It would be great if FDO can be compiled with strong name.

Thanks,
Casper

Re: About compiling Fdo managed with strong name

Jackie Ng
Have you tried using this tool to strong name FDO .net assemblies?

https://github.com/brutaldev/StrongNameSigner

- Jackie

Re: About compiling Fdo managed with strong name

casper
Hi Jackie,

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, the "OSGeo.FDO.Common.dll" can not be strongly named by "StrongNameSigner" tool, the "OSGeo.FDO.Common.dll" is a managed assembly which is written by managed C++, it can not be signed by this tool, this tool only can sign .net assembly.

And I try to add a strong name key file in "Linker->Advanced->Key File" in "OSGeo.FDO.Common" project, but it build out is non-strong name assembly. Do you have the others advice how to set the strong name for C++ management project?

Thanks,
Casper.