AW: Having problems with gdaladdo

Uwe Schmitz-2
Frank,

> CPLErr GTiffDataset::FlushBlockBuf()
>
> {
>     int nBlockBufSize;
>     CPLErr      eErr = CE_None;
>
>     if( nLoadedBlock < 0 || !bLoadedBlockDirty )
>         return CE_None;
>
>     SetDirectory();   <-- add this line
>
>     if( TIFFIsTiled(hTIFF) )
>         nBlockBufSize = TIFFTileSize( hTIFF );
>     else
>         nBlockBufSize = TIFFStripSize( hTIFF );

just recently I hit the same problem. After applying
the patch and doing a

gdaladdo -r average x.tif 2 4 8 16 32

only the first three overviews are correct. The fourth
and fifth are black (checked with irfan view and
tiffsplit).

I must mention that this only occurs if the
planar configuration tag is "single image plane".
With "seperate image planes" all overviews are
ok.

Thanks in advance
Uwe