ANNOUNCEMENT: OpenLayers 2.13 RC4

Bart van den Eijnden
The OpenLayers dev team is proud to announce the 4th release candidate of OpenLayers 2.13! RC4 comes about one week after RC3, and fixes a number of things:

 * Re-adding layer to map fails with TileManager enabled #980
 * Small Encoded Polyline bugfix #981
 * ModifyFeature control: Two consecutive events "before/afterfeaturemodified" #984

We invite you to help us test the 2.13 release candidate! To test 2.13 in your applications, include the following tag in your OpenLayers-powered page:

As always, the source is available at http://openlayers.org/download/. Bug reports can be filed in GitHub at  https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/issues. Make sure to use 2.13-RC4 in the title of the issue (and for developers, please assign those tickets to the 2.13-rc5 milestone).

Thanks!

--
Bart van den Eijnden
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: OpenLayers 2.13 RC4

Roald de Wit-3
Hi,

It is with great pleasure that I noticed that tschaub's FeatureAgent has just been merged into master [1] and will be added to OL 2.13 (presumably)! Even though adding new features to a release candidate is not recommended, this is very nice functionality, so I won't complain! :-)

Since the attention now is on features and events, can the devs please have a look at pull request #67 [2] and consider to merge this very useful feature (click xy coordinates in featureselected events) too? It somehow didn't make it into 2.12 and it would be a shame if it didn't make it into 2.13 either.

Thanks

Roald

[1] https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/174
[2] https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/67

On 24/05/13 20:18, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
[...]

The reason the feature agent was added so late in the process is because it doesn't touch any core functionality, it is completely separate. Hence no chance of breakage.

Reading the ticket you reference, I don't feel comfortable merging given @elemoine's comment. But I'll let Eric and Andreas shed their light on this since they were involved.

Bart

Sent from my iPhone

On May 28, 2013, at 2:54 AM, Roald de Wit <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Andreas Hocevar-2
I agree with Bart here.

Andreas.

OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/