ANNOUNCEMENT: OpenLayers 2.13 RC3

Bart van den Eijnden
The OpenLayers dev team is proud to announce the 3rd release candidate of OpenLayers 2.13! RC3 comes about one week after RC2, and fixes a number of things:

 * mergeNewParams does not work with POST requests #975
 * OL 2.13rc2 layer.setVisibility() with TileManager does not always work with GeoExt 1.x #977

We invite you to help us test the 2.13 release candidate! To test 2.13 in your applications, include the following tag in your OpenLayers-powered page:

As always, the source is available at http://openlayers.org/download/. Bug reports can be filed in GitHub at  https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/issues. Make sure to use the 2.13 label (and for developers, the 2.13-rc4 milestone).

Thanks!

--
Bart van den Eijnden
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: OpenLayers 2.13 RC3

Roald de Wit-3
Hi all,

OL 2.13 is shaping up to be a great release! Thanks go to the devs for
the hard work on it and @bartvde for being the release manager.

The new TileManager [1] is promising, especially for mobile app
development. It is new code though and may still contain some bugs.

I would like to ask everyone, who hasn't done so yet, to test out with
their apps with 2.13 with the TileManager enabled (*before* the final
version has been released), especially people that use OL with GeoExt
(GE): one bug manifested itself through GE [2] (although the cause had
nothing to do with GE). Has anyone tested all GeoExt 1.1 examples with
OL 2.13 yet?

Thanks,

Roald

[1]