ALT Tags for Map Controls - VS 2.13.1

tpascoe

We are currently using OL in a page which requires accessible controls. It is my understanding that OL has not yet incorporated fixes for providing ALT tags on map controls, although there are a number of development postings related to this, and at least one bug registered (I think). Am I correct that we need to modify the code in order to provide ALT tags on the map controls? And if so, is there anyone who has this mod in place already? We had it functioning in an earlier version of the code, but to date have not been able to get it to work in 2.13.1.

Thanks,

Timothy Pascoe
Environmental Scientist

Yak Shaving - Any seemingly pointless activity which is actually necessary to solve a problem which solves a problem which, several levels of recursion later, solves the real problem you're working on

Environment Canada / Environnement Canada
Canada Centre for Inland Waters / Centre Canadien des Eaux Intérieures
867 Lakeshore Road / 867, chemin Lakeshore
Burlington, Ontario / Burlington (Ontario)

L7R 4A6

Tel/Tél: (905) 336-6239
Fax/
Téléc: (905) 336-4609
E-mail/C. élec:
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada
This e-mail represents the opinions and views solely held by its author and in no manner may be considered as representing those of his/her employer.