AJAX

Jason Birch
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: AJAX

Alain Lebatard

Jason,

The use of AJAX by the viewer is tailored for its need, which is mostly changing map state, handling selection and getting toolip/hyperlink information. It is not designed to be extentded by user code can extend. I think that for adding new interactive elements to the viewer you would be better off using your own mechanism, which is fairly easy to implement because the XMLHTTP object does most of the work for you. You can see examples of use of XMLHTTP in ajaxmappane.templ, for example in RequestHyperlinkData() and related code.

Alain