AGG Author, Maxim Shemanarev has passed on...

AGG Author, Maxim Shemanarev has passed on...

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)
The AGG mailing list had a post that morning that mentions the passing of Maxim, the author of AGG, on 11/26/2013. That particular library had a pretty big impact on MapServer and web mapping in general. Below are a couple of links pulled directly from the AGG post... --Steve

Russian:
http://rsdn.ru/forum/life/5377743.flat

English:
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=ru&to=en&a=http://rsdn.ru/forum/life/5377743.flat

Re: AGG Author, Maxim Shemanarev has passed on...

jmckenna
Administrator
That is very sad to hear Steve.  Thanks for sharing.

I am fascinated to read about the people behind the software (about
them, who they are, interests).  I wonder if this is the next stage of
Open Source, paying attention to the community members.

-jeff

On 2013-11-29 11:09 AM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:
> The AGG mailing list had a post that morning that mentions the passing of Maxim, the author of AGG, on 11/26/2013. That particular library had a pretty big impact on MapServer and web mapping in general. Below are a couple of links pulled directly from the AGG post... --Steve
>
> Russian:
> http://rsdn.ru/forum/life/5377743.flat
>
> English:
> http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=ru&to=en&a=http://rsdn.ru/forum/life/5377743.flat

Re: AGG Author, Maxim Shemanarev has passed on...

Jan Hartmann
And as so often, Steve will have been the first to think about it :-)

Jan