AG 2018 - Preparation’s

Maelle Vercauteren
Hello all,

Ok let's do it on the global mailing list then, the idea was just to discuss organisational matters with people who committed to give some time for OSGeo.be and to speed things up given that time is flying...

1. We need to set the date now.
According to the open doodle [1], the most popular dates were March 5th, 12th, 26th or 29th.
It's already too late for the two first ones.

I therefore propose to set a Skype meeting on March 5th to decide between the 26th and 29th and to validate the agenda and the budget.

2. Location
We have several options in Brussels (near the station):
- rent one of the Open Belgium rooms => after discussions BeCentral proposed a room for 200€ (500€ initially). This remains quite expensive if one expects only 10 people though.
So I propose to make a partnership with Open Knowledge [2] who could help us to get cheaper or (hopefully) free Open Belgium rooms...
- go to a bar. Here are a few addresses:
https://fr-fr.facebook.com/b28centralstation/
http://www.thesister-brussels.
http://cafenovo.be/
- At someone's place if we have a volunteer to host us...

3. Agenda:
Tommy (the current secretary) will soon send around a first draft.
Marc or Roel (the current and the next treasurer) have to send the budget and the financial report.
We should also issue a call for new charter and board members (president, secretary, treasurer).
So, the idea is to find someone who can prepare a small description about their roles (commitments)
Anything else?

Kind Regards,
Maë//e

[1] https://doodle.com/poll/scvzqr3cciwrvh2e
[2] https://www.openknowledge.be/

I 've also send  my email to the list ;-)
I agree, date and the content of the agenda is open to discuss with all !

Gael

Re: AG 2018 - Preparation’s

Moritz Lennert
On 28/02/18 00:45, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Ok let's do it on the global mailing list then, the idea was just to
> discuss organisational matters with people who committed to give some
> time for OSGeo.be and to speed things up given that time is flying...
>

> 1. We need to set the date now.
> According to the open doodle [1], the most popular dates were March 5th,
> 12th, 26th or 29th.
> It's already too late for the two first ones.

And for me personally it's too late for the 29th. Something else has
come up on that evening that I cannot miss.

So, I would prefer the 26th.

Moritz

Re: AG 2018 - Preparation’s

Marc Ducobu-2
Hello all,

I also prefer the 26th

Marc

On 2018-02-28 08:55, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> On 28/02/18 00:45, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Ok let's do it on the global mailing list then, the idea was just to
>> discuss organisational matters with people who committed to give some
>> time for OSGeo.be and to speed things up given that time is flying...
>>

>> 1. We need to set the date now.
>> According to the open doodle [1], the most popular dates were March
>> 5th, 12th, 26th or 29th.
>> It's already too late for the two first ones.
>
> And for me personally it's too late for the 29th. Something else has
> come up on that evening that I cannot miss.
>
> So, I would prefer the 26th.
>
> Moritz

Re: AG 2018 - Preparation’s

Johan Van de Wauw
+1 for 26

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 10:37 AM, Marc Ducobu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

I also prefer the 26th

Marc

On 2018-02-28 08:55, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 28/02/18 00:45, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Ok let's do it on the global mailing list then, the idea was just to
>> discuss organisational matters with people who committed to give some
>> time for OSGeo.be and to speed things up given that time is flying...
>>

>> 1. We need to set the date now.
>> According to the open doodle [1], the most popular dates were March
>> 5th, 12th, 26th or 29th.
>> It's already too late for the two first ones.
>
> And for me personally it's too late for the 29th. Something else has
> come up on that evening that I cannot miss.
>
> So, I would prefer the 26th.
>
> Moritz

Re: AG 2018 - Preparation’s

Oliver May-4
Hi All,

+1 for the 26th, I'll put it in my agenda.

For the venue, our office in Ghent is available for free, and I can pick up and drop-off people at the Ghent Sint Pieters station if needed.

I'm not in favor of a bar for acoustic (unless there is a separate meeting room available) and financial reasons.

kind regards,

Oliver

On 2018-02-28 08:55, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 28/02/18 00:45, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Ok let's do it on the global mailing list then, the idea was just to
>> discuss organisational matters with people who committed to give some
>> time for OSGeo.be and to speed things up given that time is flying...
>>

>> 1. We need to set the date now.
>> According to the open doodle [1], the most popular dates were March
>> 5th, 12th, 26th or 29th.
>> It's already too late for the two first ones.
>
> And for me personally it's too late for the 29th. Something else has
> come up on that evening that I cannot miss.
>
> So, I would prefer the 26th.
>
> Moritz

Oliver May

Brugsesteenweg 587

9030 Gent
T: +32 (0)484 97 77 70

W: http://www.geosparc.com

Skype: skype://dfc.olivermay

Twitter: olivermay_be

Re: AG 2018 - Preparation’s

Maelle Vercauteren
Hello,

Let's fix March 26th for the GA then!

In principle the BeCentral team (Thanks to Dries cooperation) will send me more info about the availability and the reduced price.

But it is ok for me to do it in Ghent.

What about having the skype meeting tomorrow evening?

My hope was to have a deadline, validate the budget and the agenda of the GA but I don't know if there is any progress on this...

Do we maintain this meeting to fix the agenda or we just go through the points by email ?!

Here is a first draft of the agenda. What do you think about it ?

Agenda

  1. Approval of the minutes of the previous general assembly ( do the the secretary or the president know where they are ?)

  2. Report of the president and report of the secretary

  3. Report about the activities between October 2017 - February 2018

    1. FOSS4G.be 2017

    2. FOSDEM 2018

  4. Financial report 2017

  5. Discharge of the members of the Board of Directors for the 2017 financial year.

  6. Provisional Budget 2018

  7. Composition of the board (mandates are expired, see call for boarding members below)

    1. Resignations

    2. New members

  8. Composition of the voting members (see call for voting members below )

    1. Resignations

    2. New members

  9. Preview of the events in 2018

  1. Agreement to give mandate to the board to take the necessary actions regarding the events and strategy ?

  1. Various

  2. Closing word by the president

Call for voting members

You want to promote open source software for Geospatial and be part of a great team ?
You want to invest some time and your know-how to help OSGeo.be ?
If yes, you should definitely become a charter member of our association !
To apply, send us an email (via board [at] foss4g.be or ) and mention the 2 persons who want to second your nomination before March 20, 2018 The election of the new board will take place on March 26 during the General Assembly.

Call for board members

We invite you to think about the possibility of presenting yourself for the following positions to support the association:
      * President
      * Treasurer
      * Secretary

Each position requires a little time during the GA, to carry out its projects and to represent OSGeo-be in some activities. Regular monitoring is needed more than a significant amount of hours.
The board is there to manage the association, which relies on the community.
To apply, send us an email (via board [at] foss4g.be) and mention the 2 persons who want to second your candidature before March 20. The election of the new board will take place on March 26, 2018.

On 2018-02-28 08:55, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 28/02/18 00:45, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Ok let's do it on the global mailing list then, the idea was just to
>> discuss organisational matters with people who committed to give some
>> time for OSGeo.be and to speed things up given that time is flying...
>>

>> 1. We need to set the date now.
>> According to the open doodle [1], the most popular dates were March
>> 5th, 12th, 26th or 29th.
>> It's already too late for the two first ones.
>
> And for me personally it's too late for the 29th. Something else has
> come up on that evening that I cannot miss.
>
> So, I would prefer the 26th.
>
> Moritz

Oliver May

Brugsesteenweg 587

9030 Gent
T: <a href="tel:+32%20484%2097%2077%2070" value="+32484977770" target="_blank">+32 (0)484 97 77 70

W: http://www.geosparc.com

Skype: skype://dfc.olivermay

Twitter: olivermay_be

Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

Campus du Solbosch
Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

Re: AG 2018 - Preparation’s

Johan Van de Wauw
Maelle,

Thanks for the overview.

A skype meeting tomorrow is okay for me - but only after 20h.

Kind Regards,
Johan

On 2018-02-28 08:55, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 28/02/18 00:45, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Ok let's do it on the global mailing list then, the idea was just to
>> discuss organisational matters with people who committed to give some
>> time for OSGeo.be and to speed things up given that time is flying...
>>

>> 1. We need to set the date now.
>> According to the open doodle [1], the most popular dates were March
>> 5th, 12th, 26th or 29th.
>> It's already too late for the two first ones.
>
> And for me personally it's too late for the 29th. Something else has
> come up on that evening that I cannot miss.
>
> So, I would prefer the 26th.
>
> Moritz

Oliver May

On 2018-02-28 08:55, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 28/02/18 00:45, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Ok let's do it on the global mailing list then, the idea was just to
>> discuss organisational matters with people who committed to give some
>> time for OSGeo.be and to speed things up given that time is flying...
>>

>> 1. We need to set the date now.
>> According to the open doodle [1], the most popular dates were March
>> 5th, 12th, 26th or 29th.
>> It's already too late for the two first ones.
>
> And for me personally it's too late for the 29th. Something else has
> come up on that evening that I cannot miss.
>
> So, I would prefer the 26th.
>
> Moritz

Oliver May

9030 Gent
T: <a href="tel:+32%20484%2097%2077%2070" value="+32484977770" target="_blank">+32 (0)484 97 77 70

W: http://www.geosparc.com

Skype: skype://dfc.olivermay

Twitter: olivermay_be

Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

Campus du Solbosch
Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

Oliver May

Brugsesteenweg 587

9030 Gent
T: +32 (0)484 97 77 70

W: http://www.geosparc.com

Skype: skype://dfc.olivermay

Twitter: olivermay_be

Re: AG 2018 - Preparation’s

Maelle Vercauteren
Johan,
I was talking about having a Skype meeting this evening on March 5th.
Is it OK for you ?
Kind Regards,
Maë//e

On 2018-02-28 08:55, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 28/02/18 00:45, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Ok let's do it on the global mailing list then, the idea was just to
>> discuss organisational matters with people who committed to give some
>> time for OSGeo.be and to speed things up given that time is flying...
>>

>> 1. We need to set the date now.
>> According to the open doodle [1], the most popular dates were March
>> 5th, 12th, 26th or 29th.
>> It's already too late for the two first ones.
>
> And for me personally it's too late for the 29th. Something else has
> come up on that evening that I cannot miss.
>
> So, I would prefer the 26th.
>
> Moritz

Oliver May

9030 Gent
T: <a href="tel:+32%20484%2097%2077%2070" value="+32484977770" target="_blank">+32 (0)484 97 77 70

W: http://www.geosparc.com

Skype: skype://dfc.olivermay

Twitter: olivermay_be

Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

Campus du Solbosch
Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

--
Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

Campus du Solbosch
Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

Re: AG 2018 - Preparation’s

Maelle Vercauteren
Hello,

As there was no feedback I suppose that nobody is available to have the skype meeting this evening.

There was a proposition to do it tomorrow after 8 p.m

but as I am not available I put the first draft of the agenda on the OSGeo wiki here : https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo-BE-general-assembly-convocation-20180326

For the location, I didn’t have another discount than 200€ (500€ initially) by BeCentral. So I cancelled the reservation for March 26th.

So, we need to choose an other option:

Oliver propose to do it in his office in Ghent which is available for free, and he can pickup and drop-off people at the Ghent Sint Pieters station if needed.

If you prefer in Brussels,

As you know, I can ask for a free room at ULB

Or we could do it at someone's place closer to the station if we have a volunteer to host us ?

Tell us asap what suits you the most!

Kind regards,

Maë//e

On 2018-02-28 08:55, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 28/02/18 00:45, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Ok let's do it on the global mailing list then, the idea was just to
>> discuss organisational matters with people who committed to give some
>> time for OSGeo.be and to speed things up given that time is flying...
>>

>> 1. We need to set the date now.
>> According to the open doodle [1], the most popular dates were March
>> 5th, 12th, 26th or 29th.
>> It's already too late for the two first ones.
>
> And for me personally it's too late for the 29th. Something else has
> come up on that evening that I cannot miss.
>
> So, I would prefer the 26th.
>
> Moritz

Oliver May

9030 Gent
T: <a href="tel:+32%20484%2097%2077%2070" value="+32484977770" target="_blank">+32 (0)484 97 77 70

W: http://www.geosparc.com

Skype: skype://dfc.olivermay

Twitter: olivermay_be

Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

Campus du Solbosch
Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

--
Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

Campus du Solbosch
Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

--
Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

Campus du Solbosch
Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

Re: AG 2018 - Preparation’s

dirkf
Maëlle,

Tomorrow 20:00 is OK for me.
Thank you for the draft agenda. Looks great!.

For tomorrow, I want to put BeGeo also on the agenda.
And the other events of OSGeo in the near future:
Mapaton - Universities (version 2)
Bonn - code sprint
FOSS4G Dar-el-Salam

Dirk.