ACTIVITY Feed - Option

12

ACTIVITY Feed - Option

naresh
Dear All,
   Is it possible Activity Feed of the People  should be visible to other users based on user settings?
 I mean in following screenshot , I could able to see the activity of jamesboy.  But is it possible we can provide some option to  user to share his  Activity  Feed with other based on his choice. How to do it? Kindly help me to do.

Inline image 1

Thanks&Regards,
Naresh

Re: ACTIVITY Feed - Option

naresh
Dear Simone,
  Thanks for the response, I will go through the shared link

Best Regards,
Naresh

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 3:12 PM, Simone Dalmasso <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, GeoNode does not ship this but you can develop it. This is the app geonode is using to implement the activity stream. https://github.com/justquick/django-activity-stream

Dear All,
   Is it possible Activity Feed of the People  should be visible to other users based on user settings?
 I mean in following screenshot , I could able to see the activity of jamesboy.  But is it possible we can provide some option to  user to share his  Activity  Feed with other based on his choice. How to do it? Kindly help me to do.

Inline image 1

Thanks&Regards,
Naresh

Simone

Re: ACTIVITY Feed - Option

naresh
Dear Simone and all,
  One more query, please help me to do

 If user has option for visualizing the layer and not having style option, then also Style icon is enabled mode in Map and Layer Window of GeoNode interface. Can we grey out Style icon in case if user has not having permission for add/edit style

NOTE: This kind of enabling/disabling icon is happening for Editing data icon. In following Edit is disable mode if user has not having edit option. How ever for Style it is not happening
   Inline image 1

How to enable/disable style icon based on user privileges for styling the data

Best Regards,
Naresh

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 4:38 PM, Naresh N <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Re: ACTIVITY Feed - Option

naresh
Dear Simone,
 Yes as told functionality is working properly based on permissions as geoserver handling the styling option. But if user is not having permission if he does the style change,after that showing error message like as follows, user time will waste it is better if we disable based on previliges. How Edit option is implemented, kindly tell us where i need to modify the functionality
    Inline image 1
Thanks&Regards,
Naresh

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 5:51 PM, Simone Dalmasso <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Geoexplorer is quite difficult to modify, and I don't know where you could do such change.

Here's a very minimal documentation on how to make geoexplorer work in dev mode but then not sure how you can compile it back and deploy http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/devel/devel_debug/geoexplorer.html?highlight=geoexplorer

[...]

Alessio Fabiani-2
Hi,
recently I have rebuilt almost from scratch the source code of GeoExplorer and aligned with live code in order to make it updatable.

You can find the GeoNode module here

It actually depends on this one

which, again, references other git submodules.

See instructions here

also you need to download sources by uasing

git submodule sync

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

==
==

Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Simone Dalmasso <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dear Fabiani,
 Thanks for sharing the links, I will go through the links

Best Regards,
Naresh

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 8:41 PM, Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

 Please any body can share how to disable activity stream option for all the users.

With Best Regards,
Naresh

Hi, you could exclude the activity urls by commenting this line https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/urls.py#L86

[...]

phone: <a href="tel:+39%200584%20962313" value="+390584962313" target="_blank">+39 0584 962313
fax:     <a href="tel:+39%200584%20166%200272" value="+3905841660272" target="_blank">+39 0584 1660272
mob:   <a href="tel:+39%20331%20623%203686" value="+393316233686" target="_blank">+39 331 6233686

[...]

Thanks for quick response
 I have commented the line 86 i.e. (r'^activity/', include('actstream.urls')), then we are not able to see peoples profile list. I want only activity feed should not be visible/accessible to the users. Please suggest

Best Regards,
Naresh

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Simone Dalmasso <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

  Thanks for the response. After commenting following two lines, it did not working as per expected.

In this case also Not able to see the user list,please find the below screenshot for reference

Inline image 1

Please find below my requirement, I want on click of People, the user list should be available as follows and there should not be no option to see the activity feed of the user.
Inline image 2

  Even if user know direct url of the activity feed, he should not able to see the activity feed, I mean with the url http://192.168.197.108/activity/actors/31/5/  now I am able to see the activity feed. So even with direct url user should not see activity feed

Please help me to do the task.

Best Regards,
Naresh. N

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Simone Dalmasso <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

     After removing the line  also ,the user list is not available, it is showing empty.
     I have reverted the changes i.e commenting the line in url.py and profile_details.html  and done changes like as follows in the    C:\GeoNode-2.4.x\geonode-2.4.x\geonode\templates\actstream\actor.html , now it is working fine

{% if user.is_superuser or request.user == actor %} after line number 24

 It may not be professional way to do, I did not get any other option, so with the following now it is working fine.

 Once again thanks for the support.

Kindly help me in following new issue

How to limit the no of results showing to max 10 only , as of now default limit is 100.
I mean in following url limit is 100

To do the change the limit value in settings.py  i have modified CLIENT_RESULTS_LIMIT =10   and    max_limit=10 in the file GeoNode-2.4.x\geonode-2.4.x\geonode\api\resourcebase_api.py

After doing above changes layers,maps,documents is working as per the new updated limit value 10,.

However people,groups url showing like http://192.168.197.108/people/?limit=10&offset=0,http://192.168.197.108/groups/?limit=10&offset=0, but if you change the limit value in url more than 10,
 it is displaying the result more than 10(as per given limit value)

Please kindly suggest me how to enable  new limit value to People, Groups list also

Best Regards,
Naresh

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 12:53 PM, Simone Dalmasso <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

 kindly help me  how to set new limit value for People and Groups list

Best Regards,
Naresh

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 4:49 PM, Naresh N <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

 In present GeoNode setup default the no. of results display is 100, I mean

I want to change default limit of 100 to 10, Now I have done the following changes and it is working fine

1. Settings.py CLIENT_RESULTS_LIMIT = 10 and API_LIMIT_PER_PAGE = 10
2. In  /geonode/api/api.py  newly added max_limit =10 is added in meta class of  GroupResource and Profile resouce
3. In  /geonode/api/resourcebase_api.py  max_limit value is changed from NONE to 10 and limit value to 10

Thanks for showing interest and know the issue. Please suggest ,is any other better method is available to fix the issue.

With Best Regards,
Naresh

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Simone Dalmasso <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dear Naresh,

the change you've made on the server side will prevent anyone to request more that 10 results per time, this means that if someone wants to use the apis for search purpose on the whole catalogue will only get max 10 results. If this is ok for you no problem, but generally speaking the display limit in geonode should be handled on the client side only by setting the CLIENT_RESULTS_LIMIT  and API_LIMIT_PER_PAGE as you did, In Particular the first parameter will affect the pagination (the lower it is the more pages geonode will display) while the second affects the number of results requested to the backend (the limit parameter in the url).

Hope this helps in clarifying it.