A few performance questions

Pedro Leão

Hi, I have a few questions regarding to performance for all ODM users:

1) Where do you run ODM? I'm running using a 16 core, 32gb ec2 instance. Not sure if it's the best option, but I work with huge sets of images (>2000) and it seems more appropriate.

2) How does memory and processor relates to final processing time? Double RAM and CPU and you get half the time? (I know it's not that simple :-P )

Bonus for developers: I'm working in a ODM fork that terminates your ec2 instance if the processing is over - that means you don't pay any extra if you are not looking at the terminal.
+ it transfer the result folder for a micro server that is accessible 24/7. If anyone is interested in helping me on that, please let me know ;-)

Thank you,

Re: A few performance questions

Stephen Mather-2
Hi Pedro,

Roughly speaking doubling CPU and RAM will halve your time.

Great idea on that ODM fork. That's a brilliant idea. I don't know much in the realm of ec2, but definitely willing to help where I can.

Cheers,
Best,
Steve