+-90 degrees rotation of GridCoverage

Piero Campa
Hi list,

I am currently applying rotations to my SwtMapPane by defining a DerivedCRS which attaches an affine rotation to my original projection.

The world gets successfully rotated and all is good.

However, due to rotations in the affine transform, I see that the "final layout" assigned to the rendered image of my embedded grid coverage keeps getting a proportionally coarser resolution, until it disappears for rotations of +-90 degrees.

The cause seems to lie in this ``GridCoverageRendererUtilities.layoutHelper()'': it does not take into account rotations (it only accepts scaling and offsets), hence it yields a 0x0 grid when input scaling goes to 0.

Is there any reason behind this, say, "limitation"? Is that wrong, or am I doing something not correct myself?

*Thanks* for any help!
-Piero

Re: +-90 degrees rotation of GridCoverage

geowolf
On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 12:50 PM, Piero Campalani <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there any reason behind this, say, "limitation"? Is that wrong, or am I doing something not correct myself?

I'd say you're just doing something uncommon and the code needs fixing

Cheers
Andrea

--
==
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Re: +-90 degrees rotation of GridCoverage

Piero Campa
Thank you Andrea.
I can provide a fix if that is the case.

@​Simone G.,​
as author of the helper: would you confirm that this is the way to go?

-Piero