7.5 GiST Patch

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

7.5 GiST Patch

Paul Ramsey-2
Mark,
Did you get any love from HACKERS on your GiST patch for 7.5?
Paul

--
       __
      /
      | Paul Ramsey
      | Refractions Research
      | Email: [hidden email]
      | Phone: (250) 885-0632
      \_


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: 7.5 GiST Patch

Mark Cave-Ayland-2
Hi Paul,

No-one reported any problems with the 7.5 GiST patch applied to my Win32
build and so strk has applied a modified version of the patch to CVS. I
can confirm that PostGIS compiles fine for me under Win32 7.5 and also
Linux 7.5 - the only problems I've experienced are that under Win32 a
'make install' doesn't work with the shp2pgsql/pgsql2shp executables and
I have to manually compile postgis_geos_wrapper.cpp as per my post at
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2004-June/004960.
html if I want GEOS support. I haven't yet tried building and testing
with GEOS under Linux. I can also report that I haven't found any
problems with building indices under either platform.

It would be useful if Dave gets a moment to apply the 7.5 GiST patch to
the LWGEOM GiST functions - it should only take a couple of minutes.....


Cheers,

Mark.

---

Mark Cave-Ayland
Webbased Ltd.
Tamar Science Park
Derriford
Plymouth
PL6 8BX
England

Tel: +44 (0)1752 764445
Fax: +44 (0)1752 764446


This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You
should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute
its contents to any other person.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] On
> Behalf Of Paul Ramsey
> Sent: 17 June 2004 18:55
> To: PostGIS Development Discussion
> Subject: [postgis-devel] 7.5 GiST Patch
>
>
> Mark,
> Did you get any love from HACKERS on your GiST patch for 7.5? Paul
>
> --
>        __
>       /
>       | Paul Ramsey
>       | Refractions Research
>       | Email: [hidden email]
>       | Phone: (250) 885-0632
>       \_
>
> _______________________________________________
> postgis-devel mailing list [hidden email]
> http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-devel
>



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 7.5 GiST Patch

David Blasby-3
Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> It would be useful if Dave gets a moment to apply the 7.5 GiST patch to
> the LWGEOM GiST functions - it should only take a couple of minutes.....

I thought I had already applied the patch a while ago.  Could you give a
very brief summary and re-send me the patch?

dave

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: 7.5 GiST Patch

Mark Cave-Ayland-2
In reply to this post by Paul Ramsey-2
Hi Dave,

I only submitted a patch for postgis_gist_72.c - it didn't include the
changes for lwgeom/lwgeom_gist.c. If you load the two files side by side
and search for USE_VERSION in postgis_gist_72.c you'll be able to see
the differences - it's the entryvec structure that has changed.


Cheers,

Mark.

---

Mark Cave-Ayland
Webbased Ltd.
Tamar Science Park
Derriford
Plymouth
PL6 8BX
England

Tel: +44 (0)1752 764445
Fax: +44 (0)1752 764446


This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You
should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute
its contents to any other person.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] On
> Behalf Of David Blasby
> Sent: 18 June 2004 17:22
> To: PostGIS Development Discussion
> Subject: Re: [postgis-devel] 7.5 GiST Patch
>
>
> Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
>
> > It would be useful if Dave gets a moment to apply the 7.5
> GiST patch
> > to the LWGEOM GiST functions - it should only take a couple of
> > minutes.....
>
> I thought I had already applied the patch a while ago.  Could
> you give a
> very brief summary and re-send me the patch?
>
> dave
> _______________________________________________
> postgis-devel mailing list [hidden email]
> http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-devel
>