7.2 Release

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)

Sorry for being so quiet on this. Some of the browser performance issues folks (and myself) had noticed with my MVT demo gave me pause. I seemed like I was seeing a few new issues related to polygon rendering - perhaps because of updates to the MapBox GL client, regardless culprit had to be my tiles.

Back when the code was first written there wasn't really a means of validating tile structure other than display in a client. I recently discovered the MapBox vtzero project and have been using it to validate output. While I'm sure the will be other improvements to be made but I fixed a couple of issues including one with polygons having to start with an outer ring. That seems to have fixed the performance and rendering issues I was seeing - which is cool.

I've not seen other changes to the 7.2 branch other than my recent commits and think it's time to release...

--Steve

Re: 7.2 Release

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)

Kinda quiet so I’m going to call for the initial 7.2.0 release on 7/23. I checked with Jeff and he’s available to do the website work.

I’ll start with my +1.

--Steve

Re: 7.2 Release

Daniel Morissette
+1

Daniel

On 2018-07-20 1:03 PM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:

> Kinda quiet so I’m going to call for the initial 7.2.0 release on 7/23.
> I checked with Jeff and he’s available to do the website work.
>
> I’ll start with my +1.
>
> --Steve

Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201

Re: 7.2 Release

jratike80
+1

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Vastaanottaja: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
Aihe: Re: [mapserver-dev] 7.2 Release

Kinda quiet so I’m going to call for the initial 7.2.0 release on 7/23. I checked with Jeff and he’s available to do the website work.

I’ll start with my +1.

--Steve

Re: 7.2 Release

Daniel Morissette
Late +1

Daniel

On 2018-07-24 5:01 PM, Rahkonen Jukka (MML) wrote:

> +1
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-
> Aihe: Re: [mapserver-dev] 7.2 Release
>
> Kinda quiet so I’m going to call for the initial 7.2.0 release on 7/23.
> I checked with Jeff and he’s available to do the website work.
>
> I’ll start with my +1.
>
> --Steve

Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc