500 Runtime Error aspxerrorpath mapguide/mapviewernet/setselection.aspx

500 Runtime Error aspxerrorpath mapguide/mapviewernet/setselection.aspx

RenoSun
Hi All,

Does anyone facing the same issue when querying setselection.aspx?

I couldn't find the setselection.aspx file under the following folder
"C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide_Original\Web\www\mapviewernet".

We were using AIMS 2017, but now we are using Mapguide 3.1.2. I am wondering
if this is a update that happen to Mapguide maybe even few versions ago.

Should I change my request from "setselection.aspx" to another ASP .NET
page?

I am using modified version of Kaliopa Mobile Viewer, and there is a
function looks like following code:

ASP .NET
"
//set selection url
var SetSelectionUrl =
"<%=GetRootVirtualFolder(Request)%>/mapviewernet/setselection.aspx";
"

JavaScript
"
function SetSelection(selText, requery) {
    var reqParams = "SESSION=" + sessionId + "&MAPNAME=" +
encodeURIComponent(mapName) + "&SEQ=" + Math.random() + "&SELECTION=" +
encodeURIComponent(selText) + "&QUERYINFO=" + (requery ? "1" : "0");
    reqHandler = GetRequestHandler();
    reqHandler.open("POST", SetSelectionUrl, false);
    reqHandler.setRequestHeader("Content-Type",
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
    console.log(reqParams);
    reqHandler.send(reqParams);
    if (requery) {
        return reqHandler.responseXML;
    }
}
"
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t368332/500Error.png>

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t368332/RuntimeError.png>

Re: 500 Runtime Error aspxerrorpath mapguide/mapviewernet/setselection.aspx

Jackie Ng
The setselection.[aspx|php|jsp] file was removed because QUERYMAPFEATURES
v2.6.0 achieves the same effect and is built into the mapagent.

Ref:

https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2465
https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2464

You can take a look at the ajaxmappane.templ changes here to see what the
updated JS function to set selections should look like:

https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/changeset/8295#file4

- Jackie

Re: 500 Runtime Error aspxerrorpath mapguide/mapviewernet/setselection.aspx

RenoSun
Thanks a lot Jackie!

I realized that I actually do not have to use setselection.[aspx|php|jsp] at
all. I am still using "GETSELECTIONXML.php" for now
(https://mapguide.wordpress.com/2013/06/11/autodesk-infrastructure-map-server-auto-zoom-on-load/)

However, I assume this "GETSELECTIONXML.php" solution will probably not work
with MapGuide 4.0? If so, I will modify my code to use "QUERYMAPFEATURES"
with proper JS function codes.

Will this improve performance of SetSelection at all?