5.0.2 release with maplexer.c fix?

Daniel Morissette
Dev's,

As you may have seen on the mapserver-users list, the 5.0.1 release was
missing an update of maplexer.c and this broke the build for some users.
This is now fixed in the 5.0 branch and the fix has been confirmed by a
few users.

I think we should release 5.0.2 right away (or very soon) with only this
fix. We could possibly wait a couple more days just to see if other
critical issues are found.

I hereby propose to release 5.0.2 on Monday with only the maplexer.c
fix, unless other critical issues are found by then.

PSC members please vote on this proposal... I start with +1.

Daniel
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/

Re: 5.0.2 release with maplexer.c fix?

Kralidis,Tom [Ontario]

Do the tickets in
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=
reopened&milestone=5.0.2+release get pushed to 5.0.3 then?

..Tom

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:

> Do the tickets in
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=
> reopened&milestone=5.0.2+release get pushed to 5.0.3 then?

Yes, that's what would happen.

Daniel
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/

Re: 5.0.2 release with maplexer.c fix?

Kralidis,Tom [Ontario]

+1 for 5.0.2 on Monday.

Re: 5.0.2 release with maplexer.c fix?

Steve Lime
+1

>>> Daniel Morissette <[hidden email]> 01/25/08 9:35 AM >>>
Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:

> Do the tickets in
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=
> reopened&milestone=5.0.2+release get pushed to 5.0.3 then?

Yes, that's what would happen.

Daniel
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/

Re: 5.0.2 release with maplexer.c fix?

Yewondwossen Assefa
+1
Steve Lime wrote:

> +1

> Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
>> Do the tickets in
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=
>> reopened&milestone=5.0.2+release get pushed to 5.0.3 then?
>>

> Yes, that's what would happen.
>
> Daniel

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: [hidden email]
http://www.dmsolutions.ca/

Phone: (613) 565-5056 (ext 14)
Fax:   (613) 565-0925

Re: 5.0.2 release with maplexer.c fix?

Stephen Woodbridge
+1 for 5.0.2 on Monday.

Daniel Morissette wrote:

> Dev's,
>
> As you may have seen on the mapserver-users list, the 5.0.1 release was
> missing an update of maplexer.c and this broke the build for some users.
> This is now fixed in the 5.0 branch and the fix has been confirmed by a
> few users.
>
> I think we should release 5.0.2 right away (or very soon) with only this
> fix. We could possibly wait a couple more days just to see if other
> critical issues are found.
>
> I hereby propose to release 5.0.2 on Monday with only the maplexer.c
> fix, unless other critical issues are found by then.
>
> PSC members please vote on this proposal... I start with +1.
>
> Daniel

Re: 5.0.2 release with maplexer.c fix?

Howard Butler
+1.  Release early.  Release often :)

Howard

On Jan 25, 2008, at 9:54 AM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> +1 for 5.0.2 on Monday.
>
> Daniel Morissette wrote:
>> Dev's,
>> As you may have seen on the mapserver-users list, the 5.0.1 release
>> was missing an update of maplexer.c and this broke the build for
>> some users. This is now fixed in the 5.0 branch and the fix has
>> been confirmed by a few users.
>> I think we should release 5.0.2 right away (or very soon) with only
>> this fix. We could possibly wait a couple more days just to see if
>> other critical issues are found.
>> I hereby propose to release 5.0.2 on Monday with only the
>> maplexer.c fix, unless other critical issues are found by then.
>> PSC members please vote on this proposal... I start with +1.
>> Daniel

Re: 5.0.2 release with maplexer.c fix?

Tamas Szekeres
+1

Tamas

2008/1/25, Daniel Morissette <[hidden email]>:

> Dev's,
>
> As you may have seen on the mapserver-users list, the 5.0.1 release was
> missing an update of maplexer.c and this broke the build for some users.
> This is now fixed in the 5.0 branch and the fix has been confirmed by a
> few users.
>
> I think we should release 5.0.2 right away (or very soon) with only this
> fix. We could possibly wait a couple more days just to see if other
> critical issues are found.
>
> I hereby propose to release 5.0.2 on Monday with only the maplexer.c
> fix, unless other critical issues are found by then.
>
> PSC members please vote on this proposal... I start with +1.
>
> Daniel
> --
> Daniel Morissette
> http://www.mapgears.com/

Re: 5.0.2 release with maplexer.c fix?

Frank Warmerdam
Daniel Morissette wrote:
> I hereby propose to release 5.0.2 on Monday with only the maplexer.c
> fix, unless other critical issues are found by then.
>
> PSC members please vote on this proposal... I start with +1.

+1

Re: 5.0.2 release with maplexer.c fix?

Perry Nacionales
+1 for a 5.0.2 release on Monday.

Daniel Morissette wrote:

> Dev's,
>
> As you may have seen on the mapserver-users list, the 5.0.1 release
> was missing an update of maplexer.c and this broke the build for some
> users. This is now fixed in the 5.0 branch and the fix has been
> confirmed by a few users.
>
> I think we should release 5.0.2 right away (or very soon) with only
> this fix. We could possibly wait a couple more days just to see if
> other critical issues are found.
>
> I hereby propose to release 5.0.2 on Monday with only the maplexer.c
> fix, unless other critical issues are found by then.
>
> PSC members please vote on this proposal... I start with +1.
>
> Daniel

Re: 5.0.2 release with maplexer.c fix?

Daniel Morissette
Passed with +1 from Daniel, Tom, SteveL, Assefa, SteveW, Tamas, Howard
and Pericles.

I will prepare the 5.0.2 release this morning.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/