5.0.1 release next week?

Steve Lime
Hi all: I plan to have my 5.0 bugs cleaned up or deferred to 5.2 by early next week. Where
do others stand? Looking at the roadmap we still have 21 open tickets.

  http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=5.0.1+release

Steve

Re: 5.0.1 release next week?

Tamas Szekeres
Developers,

According to

Do anyone have objection adding mapObj.setCenter, mapObj.getCenter to
the SWIG API?
Is this sufficient for 5.0.1 ?

Best regards,

Tamas

2008/1/4, Steve Lime <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all: I plan to have my 5.0 bugs cleaned up or deferred to 5.2 by early next week. Where
> do others stand? Looking at the roadmap we still have 21 open tickets.
>
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=5.0.1+release
>
> Steve

Re: 5.0.1 release next week?

Stephen Woodbridge
Tamas Szekeres wrote:

> Developers,
>
> According to
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2346
>
> Do anyone have objection adding mapObj.setCenter, mapObj.getCenter to
> the SWIG API?
> Is this sufficient for 5.0.1 ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tamas
>

> 2008/1/4, Steve Lime <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi all: I plan to have my 5.0 bugs cleaned up or deferred to 5.2 by early next week. Where
>> do others stand? Looking at the roadmap we still have 21 open tickets.
>>
>>   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=5.0.1+release
>>
>> Steve

Tamas,

Other than these follow up items, I have no particular objections
assuming this is a low risk change and does not break the existing SWIG api.

Please make sure this also gets assigned to PHP mapscript guys so we
keep the apis in sync. If you do this for 5.0.1, I do not see adding the
PHP api a required for release, just that we have an appropriate ticket
to track that the change needs to be done in PHP. Also don't forget to
deal with Documentation tickets or whatever we do for that.

Thanks,
  -Steve W

Re: 5.0.1 release next week?

Frank Warmerdam
Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi all: I plan to have my 5.0 bugs cleaned up or deferred to 5.2 by early next week. Where
> do others stand? Looking at the roadmap we still have 21 open tickets.
>
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=5.0.1+release

Steve,

I've punted my two 5.0.1 milestone bugs.  I'll try to review some of my
uncategorized bugs to see if there is anything that ought to be fixed for
5.0.1, but from my perspective there is no reason to hold back.

Re: 5.0.1 release next week?

Daniel Morissette
Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi all: I plan to have my 5.0 bugs cleaned up or deferred to 5.2 by early next week. Where
> do others stand? Looking at the roadmap we still have 21 open tickets.
>
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=5.0.1+release

+1 on 5.0.1 next week. I have cleaned up / deferred most of my tickets
already.

Daniel
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/

Re: 5.0.1 release next week?

Daniel Morissette
Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Developers,
>
> According to
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2346
>
> Do anyone have objection adding mapObj.setCenter, mapObj.getCenter to
> the SWIG API?
> Is this sufficient for 5.0.1 ?

Those are not bug fixes, they are clearly new features so they cannot be
added to 5.0.1 ... I see they've been added already so I guess it's too
late now.

Also, at first sight the additions seem to provide functionality already
available via the zoomscale() method, so they are redundant.

Daniel
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/

Re: 5.0.1 release next week?

Umberto Nicoletti
+1 for me too. I'll commit the perl changes for RFC24 later this week.

Umberto

On Jan 4, 2008 4:47 PM, Steve Lime <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all: I plan to have my 5.0 bugs cleaned up or deferred to 5.2 by early next week. Where
> do others stand? Looking at the roadmap we still have 21 open tickets.
>
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=5.0.1+release
>
> Steve

Re: 5.0.1 release next week?

Jeff McKenna-2
+1 here, to do an MS4W release when this is announced.

-jeff

> On Jan 4, 2008 4:47 PM, Steve Lime <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all: I plan to have my 5.0 bugs cleaned up or deferred to 5.2 by early next week. Where
>> do others stand? Looking at the roadmap we still have 21 open tickets.
>>
>>   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=5.0.1+release
>>
>> Steve

Re: 5.0.1 release next week?

Howard Butler
On Jan 7, 2008, at 8:12 AM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> Tamas Szekeres wrote:
>> Developers,
>> According to
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2346
>> Do anyone have objection adding mapObj.setCenter, mapObj.getCenter to
>> the SWIG API?
>> Is this sufficient for 5.0.1 ?
>
> Those are not bug fixes, they are clearly new features so they
> cannot be added to 5.0.1 ... I see they've been added already so I
> guess it's too late now.
>
> Also, at first sight the additions seem to provide functionality
> already available via the zoomscale() method, so they are redundant.

Tamas,

I would like to see these backed out of the stable branch.  If we
expect to do the 5.2 release in the next two to four months, that
should be soon enough to get these methods out there IMO.

Howard

Re: 5.0.1 release next week?

Stephen Woodbridge
Howard Butler wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2008, at 8:12 AM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
>
>> Tamas Szekeres wrote:
>>> Developers,
>>> According to
>>> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2346
>>> Do anyone have objection adding mapObj.setCenter, mapObj.getCenter to
>>> the SWIG API?
>>> Is this sufficient for 5.0.1 ?
>>
>> Those are not bug fixes, they are clearly new features so they cannot
>> be added to 5.0.1 ... I see they've been added already so I guess it's
>> too late now.
>>
>> Also, at first sight the additions seem to provide functionality
>> already available via the zoomscale() method, so they are redundant.
>
> Tamas,
>
> I would like to see these backed out of the stable branch.  If we expect
> to do the 5.2 release in the next two to four months, that should be
> soon enough to get these methods out there IMO.
>
> Howard

Tamas,

This makes much more sense than my suggestion that it was ok to add to
5.0.1, I will concur with Daniel and Howard's better judgment on this
and plead ignorance of the impending 5.2 release timeframe.

+1 on the 5.0.1 release next week.

-Steve W

Re: 5.0.1 release next week?

Tamas Szekeres
I've reverted the changes in branch-5-0.

Best regards,

Tamas

2008/1/7, Stephen Woodbridge <[hidden email]>:

> Howard Butler wrote:

> >> Those are not bug fixes, they are clearly new features so they cannot
> >> be added to 5.0.1 ... I see they've been added already so I guess it's
> >> too late now.
> >>
> >> Also, at first sight the additions seem to provide functionality
> >> already available via the zoomscale() method, so they are redundant.
> >
> > Tamas,
> >
> > I would like to see these backed out of the stable branch.  If we expect
> > to do the 5.2 release in the next two to four months, that should be
> > soon enough to get these methods out there IMO.
> >
> > Howard
>
> Tamas,
>
> This makes much more sense than my suggestion that it was ok to add to
> 5.0.1, I will concur with Daniel and Howard's better judgment on this
> and plead ignorance of the impending 5.2 release timeframe.
>
> +1 on the 5.0.1 release next week.
>
> -Steve W

Re: 5.0.1 release next week?

Tamas Szekeres
2008/1/7, Daniel Morissette <[hidden email]>:

> Also, at first sight the additions seem to provide functionality already
> available via the zoomscale() method, so they are redundant.

Currently zoomscale has a combined functionality and also repositions
the map using image coordinates. I expect we should in addition have
pure functions for changing the scale  (within a given scale domain)
and support recentering to a specific map position.

BTW zoomscale: Currently there's a separate implementation in the PHP
and the SWIG API. Shouldn't we instead create a generic implementation
at the mapserver core?

Best regards,

Tamas

Re: 5.0.1 release next week?

Steve Lime
I agree on the consolidation of functionality. Should be in C so the CGI, and both MapScript
flavors can take advantage. I believe I created a ticket to that effect several months ago. If
someone would be willing to take the lead that would be terrific.

Steve

>>> On 1/7/2008 at 10:19 AM, in message
<[hidden email]>, Tamas Szekeres
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2008/1/7, Daniel Morissette <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Also, at first sight the additions seem to provide functionality already
>> available via the zoomscale() method, so they are redundant.
>>

> Currently zoomscale has a combined functionality and also repositions
> the map using image coordinates. I expect we should in addition have
> pure functions for changing the scale  (within a given scale domain)
> and support recentering to a specific map position.
>
> BTW zoomscale: Currently there's a separate implementation in the PHP
> and the SWIG API. Shouldn't we instead create a generic implementation
> at the mapserver core?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tamas

Re: 5.0.1 release next week?

Perry Nacionales
+1 on the 5.0.1 release

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi all: I plan to have my 5.0 bugs cleaned up or deferred to 5.2 by early next week. Where
> do others stand? Looking at the roadmap we still have 21 open tickets.
>
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=5.0.1+release
>
> Steve

Re: 5.0.1 release next week?

Kralidis,Tom [Ontario]
> Steve Lime wrote:
> > Hi all: I plan to have my 5.0 bugs cleaned up or deferred to 5.2 by
> > early next week. Where do others stand? Looking at the
> roadmap we still have 21 open tickets.
> >

> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/query?status=new&status=assigned&statu
> > s=reopened&milestone=5.0.1+release
> >
> > Steve