3.4.2: file dialogs freeze for several seconds (Mac Mojave)

3.4.2: file dialogs freeze for several seconds (Mac Mojave)

b.j.kobben

Hi all,

Since updating to 3.4.2 (from 3.4.1, details below*) whenever QGIS uses my systems (MacOS) file dialogs I experience freezes of up to several seconds: the whole QGIS software stops doing anything and does not react. Until now it always recovers, gets back to normal, but it makes using the software annoying and awkward. I also notice that when starting, the QGIS icon in the dock does not “bounce” as it’s supposed to, but hangs frozen in the air....

Did anyone else experience this, and (preferably) knows a solution...?

* running on mac OSX Mojave 10.14.1:

QGIS version

3.4.2-Madeira

QGIS code branch

Release 3.4

Compiled against Qt

5.11.2

Running against Qt

5.11.2

Compiled against GDAL/OGR

2.3.2

Running against GDAL/OGR

2.3.2

Compiled against GEOS

3.7.0-CAPI-1.11.0

Running against GEOS

3.7.0-CAPI-1.11.0 673b9939

PostgreSQL Client Version

9.6.10

SpatiaLite Version

4.4.0-RC1

QWT Version

6.1.3

QScintilla2 Version

2.10.8

PROJ.4 Version

493

--

Barend Köbben

Senior Lecturer – ITC-University of Twente & ATLAS

PO Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede (Netherlands)

ITC Building (room 1-065)

@barendkobben

+31-(0)53 4874 253

Re: 3.4.2: file dialogs freeze for several seconds (Mac Mojave)

Peter Petrik
Hi,

can you please try package from https://lutraconsulting.github.io/qgis-mac-packager/ and see if your problem persists even there?

Kind regards,
Peter

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 4:38 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Saber Razmjooei
I am having the same problem on other platforms too. It cab be related to:
1- Network drive
2- Several layers and lots of nested folder: it tries to scan all the files (esp. zip files) which slows down things significantly.

Regards
Saber

www.lutraconsulting.co.uk
+44 (0)7568 129733