3.2 release blog post

Anita Graser
Hi,

I've drafted a release blog post for 3.2 on blog.qgis.org

Depending on your preferences, we can 1) publish it now, with a call for contributions to the visual change log, or 2) publish it when the change log and packages are ready.

Let me know what you prefer.

Regards,
Anita

Re: 3.2 release blog post

Tim Sutton-6
Hi

Did you draft it on Wordpress? I can’t see it there. I think that it would be good to message to users that making the release and having packages available for all platforms are not necessarily the same thing. I would lean towards publishing it after unless the content is of the ‘help us get the release ready’ variety.

Regards

Tim

On 24 Jun 2018, at 11:43, Anita Graser <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I've drafted a release blog post for 3.2 on blog.qgis.org

Depending on your preferences, we can 1) publish it now, with a call for contributions to the visual change log, or 2) publish it when the change log and packages are ready.

Let me know what you prefer.

Regards,
Anita

---

Tim Sutton

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: 3.2 release blog post

Anita Graser
Hi Tim,

On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 11:59 AM Tim Sutton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi
Did you draft it on Wordpress? I can’t see it there.

I think that it would be good to message to users that making the release and having packages available for all platforms are not necessarily the same thing. I would lean towards publishing it after unless the content is of the ‘help us get the release ready’ variety.

​I understand the sentiment but as a recommendation for this specific blog post, these statements sound a bit contradictory since, if we publish it after everything is ready, we imho don't need to stress the difference between release and having packages ready.

​Regards,
Anita​

qgis-icon-60x60.png (5K) Download Attachment

Re: 3.2 release blog post

Tim Sutton-6
Hi

On 24 Jun 2018, at 12:23, Anita Graser <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Tim,

On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 11:59 AM Tim Sutton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi
Did you draft it on Wordpress? I can’t see it there.

I think that it would be good to message to users that making the release and having packages available for all platforms are not necessarily the same thing. I would lean towards publishing it after unless the content is of the ‘help us get the release ready’ variety.

​I understand the sentiment but as a recommendation for this specific blog post, these statements sound a bit contradictory since, if we publish it after everything is ready, we imho don't need to stress the difference between release and having packages ready.

Oops sorry I didnt understand clearly - if your intent was to post ‘promotional’ announcements for QGIS 3.2 only after it is released and packaged, IMHO that is a good option since we got flack in the past for not doing it that way.

Regards

Tim

​Regards,
Anita​

<qgis-icon-60x60.png>_______________________________________________
Qgis-psc mailing list

---

Tim Sutton

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: 3.2 release blog post

pcav
Il 24/06/2018 15:16, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Oops sorry I didnt understand clearly - if your intent was to post
> ‘promotional’ announcements for QGIS 3.2 only after it is released and
> packaged, IMHO that is a good option since we got flack in the past for
> not doing it that way.

agreed.
thanks Anita!

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: 3.2 release blog post

Anita Graser
On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 4:08 PM Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Il 24/06/2018 15:16, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Oops sorry I didnt understand clearly - if your intent was to post
> ‘promotional’ announcements for QGIS 3.2 only after it is released and
> packaged, IMHO that is a good option since we got flack in the past for
> not doing it that way.

agreed.

​Looking at https://qgis.org/downloads/, it seems like all major platform packages are now available except for the Win exes. ​

@Richard: You mentioned in your email that you are planning to move the changelog to the website "very very soon". Can you give me a date or should I publish the blog post with the http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.2.0/ link and later update to the website link?

Regards,
Anita

Re: 3.2 release blog post

Richard Duivenvoorde
On 24-06-18 20:49, Anita Graser wrote:

> @Richard: You mentioned in your email that you are planning to move the
> changelog to the website "very very soon". Can you give me a date or
> should I publish the blog post with
> the http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.2.0/
> <http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.2.0/> link and later update
> to the website link?

I would link to:
https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog32

The stub page which will be filled later with teh static content, and
now showing a link to the changelog.qgis.org page...

Regards,

Richard

Re: 3.2 release blog post

Marco Bernasocchi-2
Hi Anita,
Looks like the win packages are there now.
Cheers
Marco

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 9:59 PM Marco Bernasocchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Anita,
Looks like the win packages are there now.

​Yes, it was all resolved later that day. That's when I hit "publish".

Regards,
Anita​