256*256 tile size for NASA OnEarth tiled

256*256 tile size for NASA OnEarth tiled

Sige
Hi all,

I am currently getting tiles from NASA OnEarth tiled WMS, for my tilecache, and it works fine, the config is as follows:

[nasa]
type=WMSLayer
layers=modis,global_mosaic_base
extension=jpeg
url=http://onearth.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi
size=512,512
bbox=-180.0,-90.0,180.0,90.0
srs=EPSG:4326
maxResolution=0.3515625
levels=20

The problem is: NASA dictates the min tile size be 512 pixel, while my map only needs 256 pixel tile size.  Using a 512 pixel tilecache server to serve a map client that need only 256 pixel tile size will generate unnecessary traffic. Is there any hack that could transfer the  512 pixel tiles to 256 pixel tiles?

Thanks,

Sige