2019 grant applications are now closed

Anita Graser
Hi

The form for grant applications has been closed since June 3rd and we have received 11 applications totaling € 41,200.

Thank you to everyone who submitted their proposals!

As a quick teaser, here are the proposal titles:

1. Precise GetFeatureInfo (identify) in QGIS Server
2. QGIS Server per-layer advertised extents
3. Open documentation issues for pull requests
4. Setting registry
5. Registry for classification methods
6. Reuse core functionality to provide DB manager features
7. Fix problems in larger 3D scenes
8. "Rebalance" the labeling engine and fix poor automatic label placement choices
9. Profile and optimise vector rendering code
10. Profile and optimise the QGIS vector rendering code
11. Snapping cache improvements

The next step will be to set up the voting form and email our voting members to review the proposals and cast their vote.

Regards,
Anita

Re: 2019 grant applications are now closed

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi Anita,

Thanks for compiling the list. These are all good and very useful proposals.

Proposal 9 should probably be removed. It is a double entry (accidentally submitted) and Nyall says that proposal 10 is the correct one.

I hope that most proposals can be implemented, those who can't make it could still be advertised to our users for alternative funding.

Greetings,

Andreas

On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 11:25 AM Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Anita,

Thanks for compiling the list. These are all good and very useful proposals.

Proposal 9 should probably be removed. It is a double entry (accidentally submitted) and Nyall says that proposal 10 is the correct one.

Thanks Andreas, good catch! I've updated the document.

Regards,
Anita

Re: 2019 grant applications are now closed

pcav
Thanks Anita. A very nice set of proposals. I'm sure our users will love
it, even though most can be qualified as polishing rather than sheer
bugfixing.
All the best.

On 09/06/19 11:25, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> Hi Anita,
>
> Thanks for compiling the list. These are all good and very useful proposals.
>
> Proposal 9 should probably be removed. It is a double entry
> (accidentally submitted) and Nyall says that proposal 10 is the correct one.
>
> I hope that most proposals can be implemented, those who can't make it
> could still be advertised to our users for alternative funding.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Andreas
>
> Am 09.06.19 um 11:14 schrieb Anita Graser:
>> Hi
>>
>> The form for grant applications has been closed since June 3rd and we
>> have received 11 applications totaling € 41,200.
>>
>> Thank you to everyone who submitted their proposals!
>>
>> I have compiled the applications summary
>> at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VzgLJ-hy2GtcWrAy5geivhDDdXRGJUDcikCWUtXRe9k/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>> As a quick teaser, here are the proposal titles:
>>
>> 1. Precise GetFeatureInfo (identify) in QGIS Server
>> 2. QGIS Server per-layer advertised extents
>> 3. Open documentation issues for pull requests
>> 4. Setting registry
>> 5. Registry for classification methods
>> 6. Reuse core functionality to provide DB manager features
>> 7. Fix problems in larger 3D scenes
>> 8. "Rebalance" the labeling engine and fix poor automatic label
>> placement choices
>> 9. Profile and optimise vector rendering code
>> 10. Profile and optimise the QGIS vector rendering code
>> 11. Snapping cache improvements
>>
>> The next step will be to set up the voting form and email our voting
>> members to review the proposals and cast their vote.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Anita

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: