2.7.0 Release discussion

Eli Adam
All,

There is interest in working towards a release of bug fixes and some
new functionality.  Referencing our process,
http://geomoose.org/rfc/rfc-3.html, indicates that we start with a
discussion and motion covering the schedule, feature list or freeze
date, and release manager.

For the schedule, most of the work is slated for the next 45ish days.

The bug fixes and features list has slowly been accumulating in trunk.
 Exact freeze date to be determined later.

Jim has agreed to serve as release manager until January 20th.  The
goal is to release by then.

Please send comments, concerns, or revisions.  Once we are done
discussing, I will make a motion based on the discussion and nominate
Jim as the Release Manager.  After that I'll send something to the
list for people to promptly respond to tickets, prepare to test, and
contribute anything that they might have been kicking around for a
while.

Thanks to everyone contributing towards the release.

Best Regards, Eli

Re: 2.7.0 Release discussion

Brian Fischer
+1 for me on Jim being the release manager.

Brian Fischer
Principal | GIS Project Manager
Houston Engineering, Inc.
O 763.493.4522 | D 763.493.6664 | F 763.493.5572

Re: 2.7.0 Release discussion

Dan Little-2
+1 on Jim being the release manager.  I don't see Jim online right now but I'll chat with him a bit later.

We made some progress on Friday about "in"ing and "out"ing which tickets will comprise 2.7.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Dan Little <[hidden email]> wrote:
> +1 on Jim being the release manager.  I don't see Jim online right now but
> I'll chat with him a bit later.

I'm also +1 on Jim as release manager.

> We made some progress on Friday about "in"ing and "out"ing which tickets
> will comprise 2.7.

Great, this thread is also for general release discussion.

Eli

> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Brian Fischer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> +1 for me on Jim being the release manager.
>>
>> Brian Fischer
>> Principal | GIS Project Manager
>> Houston Engineering, Inc.
>> O 763.493.4522 | D 763.493.6664 | F 763.493.5572

Re: 2.7.0 Release discussion

blammo

All,

I have a few things in motion at the City that are GeoMOOSE related.  I think it best to just announce them as they get completed.  Most ideas will be in the form of some extension and/or the fleshing out of existing GeoMOOSE capabilities (and demo improvements).

I don't know how these things will be added into the list of release candidate items, but I pass this along to all that things are being worked on here and there as the developers time becomes available.

Bobb