2.2 release blockers

Tom Kralidis
Hi all: we are getting close to a 2.2 release.  This include a significant
feature to allow for factory style plugin enhancements as well as enabling
repository plugins to handle filter parsing natively.

I"m working on the blockers but need action A3 (as per [1]).  Ricardo:
any updates
on this one?

Thanks

..Tom

https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/Meetings-2017-10-16

Re: 2.2 release blockers

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da
Hi Tom

I've just submitted a PR on that:

Please review at your convenience.

Best regards

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all: we are getting close to a 2.2 release.  This include a significant
feature to allow for factory style plugin enhancements as well as enabling
repository plugins to handle filter parsing natively.

I"m working on the blockers but need action A3 (as per [1]).  Ricardo:
any updates
on this one?

Thanks

..Tom

https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/Meetings-2017-10-16

Re: 2.2 release blockers

Tom Kralidis
Hi Ricardo: thanks, merged.  And thanks in advance for the tweaks
as mentioned on Gitter.

Cheers

..Tom

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 5:28 PM, Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tom
>
> I've just submitted a PR on that:
>
> https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/pull/550
>
> Please review at your convenience.
>
> Best regards
>

> On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all: we are getting close to a 2.2 release.  This include a significant
>> feature to allow for factory style plugin enhancements as well as enabling
>> repository plugins to handle filter parsing natively.
>>
>> I"m working on the blockers but need action A3 (as per [1]).  Ricardo:
>> any updates
>> on this one?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> ..Tom
>>
>> https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/Meetings-2017-10-16

Re: 2.2 release blockers

Tom Kralidis
Hi all: update as per note 7 from our last meeting [1]:

Both blockers are now fixed in master and 2.0 branch. Unit/functional
tests pass 100%, as well as
OGC CITE CSW 2.0.2.  For OGC CITE CSW 3.0.0, we fail the online
test (there is some weird behaviour in the online tests for CSW 3 that
requires the CSW service being tested to be reset for the tests to coninue)
but fully pass when I run the tests via the command line.

I think what's remaining is an update of requirements/dependencies before
we go ahead with a beta.

Ricardo: do test requirements in [2] need to be pegged or can we keep
them without
version?

Angelos: I'll do a sweep of requirements in [3].  Do you have a baseline of
versions from a packaging perspective that we should tie to?

Cheers

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/Meetings-2017-10-16#notes
[2] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/blob/master/requirements-dev.txt
[3] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/blob/master/requirements.txt

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 6:08 PM, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ricardo: thanks, merged.  And thanks in advance for the tweaks
> as mentioned on Gitter.
>
> Cheers
>
> ..Tom
>
> On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 5:28 PM, Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Tom
>>
>> I've just submitted a PR on that:
>>
>> https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/pull/550
>>
>> Please review at your convenience.
>>
>> Best regards
>>

>> On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all: we are getting close to a 2.2 release.  This include a significant
>>> feature to allow for factory style plugin enhancements as well as enabling
>>> repository plugins to handle filter parsing natively.
>>>
>>> I"m working on the blockers but need action A3 (as per [1]).  Ricardo:
>>> any updates
>>> on this one?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> ..Tom
>>>
>>> https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/Meetings-2017-10-16

Re: 2.2 release blockers

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi Tom,

On 11/10/2017 10:35 PM, Tom Kralidis wrote:
> Hi all: update as per note 7 from our last meeting [1]:
>
> Both blockers are now fixed in master and 2.0 branch. Unit/functional
> tests pass 100%, as well as
> OGC CITE CSW 2.0.2.  For OGC CITE CSW 3.0.0, we fail the online
> test (there is some weird behaviour in the online tests for CSW 3 that
> requires the CSW service being tested to be reset for the tests to coninue)
> but fully pass when I run the tests via the command line.

I have recently tested against the beta CITE test for CSW 3.0 and passed
without issues.
This test is included in our application to remain listed as reference
implementation for the next year (to be submitted on 14 Nov through
OSGeo account on OGC portal)

> I think what's remaining is an update of requirements/dependencies before
> we go ahead with a beta.

+1

> Ricardo: do test requirements in [2] need to be pegged or can we keep
> them without
> version?
>
> Angelos: I'll do a sweep of requirements in [3].  Do you have a baseline of
> versions from a packaging perspective that we should tie to?

As mentioned on the libXML ticket
(https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/issues/454) we still need to be
careful about the issue with lxml and libXML.

Cheers,
Angelos

> Cheers
>
> ..Tom
>
> [1] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/Meetings-2017-10-16#notes
> [2] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/blob/master/requirements-dev.txt
> [3] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/blob/master/requirements.txt
>
> On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 6:08 PM, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Ricardo: thanks, merged.  And thanks in advance for the tweaks
>> as mentioned on Gitter.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> ..Tom
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 5:28 PM, Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Tom
>>>
>>> I've just submitted a PR on that:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/pull/550
>>>
>>> Please review at your convenience.
>>>
>>> Best regards

>>> --

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Fwd: 2.2 release blockers

Tom Kralidis
Hi all: update: almost there. I have done a last PR to bump some core
dependencies [1] which need some fixing.

Ricardo: any idea on how to asses the failures?

We will be good to cut a 2.2.0 beta after this one is fixed.

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/pull/555